• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

New MD2 Model Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm thinking you might have the dat file with PLAY PLAY.MD2 and PLAY TAILS.MD2 in. I'm not sure, but that may cause it. Oh, and
fawfulfan said:
1. any md2 model you want to play as should be named play.md2.
Completely wrong.

Sky Ninja said:
Well, I'm thinking you might have the dat file with PLAY PLAY.MD2 and PLAY TAILS.MD2 in. I'm not sure, but that may cause it. Oh, and
fawfulfan said:
1. any md2 model you want to play as should be named play.md2.
Completely wrong.

Wow. I guess I'm not as knowledgeable on md2 models as I thought.

What program(s) do you use to create MD2 models? Either way lightdasher is an expert at it. I think these fit srb2 then the original cartoonish *shot by ssntails* sprites.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Either way lightdasher is an expert at it.
wtf

SparkTheHedgehog said:
I think these fit srb2 then the original cartoonish *shot by ssntails* sprites.
Actually, SRB2 has terrible models (IMO) and terrible model support. And what do you mean "Cartoonish"? Sonic IS a cartoon character. Literally every one of his games is cartoonish, including the 3D ones.

EDIT: I was a little obnoxious when I wrote this post, so I cleaned the "douche" out of it. Sorry.

sorry for my ignorance but i forgot how to play with the md2 models
someone please tell me
(i downloaded the auto installer, putted it in the srb2 folder and installed.)

kiro the hedgehog said:
sorry for my ignorance but i forgot how to play with the md2 models
someone please tell me
(i downloaded the auto installer, putted it in the srb2 folder and installed.)

Make a new folder called MD2, if you haven't already got one, and put all the MD2s and the images that go with them in that folder.

Next, make a new text file called Md2.dat. I can't explain this part so well, so look here: MD2 Model - SRB2 Wiki

Then go into OpenGL mode, type GR_MD2 ON in the console, and if you did everything right, the models will appear.

ok thanks it worked now ^^

EDIT: when i try to play with tails and knuckles, sonic shows up (a sonic with flying ability and stuff...) -.-''
are they included in the auto installer?

Maybe, it could be scripted so that the different models how up according
to character insted of one for all.

Ex: skin tails=display model play2.md2
Skin sonic=display model play1.md2
Skin knuckles=display model play3.md2

I don't know much about scripting, but you get the general idea for the
whole model thing...

Blade T. vampire said:
Maybe, it could be scripted so that the different models how up according
to character insted of one for all.

Ex: skin tails=display model play2.md2
Skin sonic=display model play1.md2
Skin knuckles=display model play3.md2

I don't know much about scripting, but you get the general idea for the
whole model thing...
And will you be willing to make an EXE mod that allows this?

So far, the only concept that works is Prime_2's multi-model. It's messy, but it's the only one that's been proven to work at this stage.

srb20211.png

Hah! I ported all the animations finally, and textured it in a two day time frame!

*Delete + repost*

I'll be releasing this VERY soon!

By the way, fragMOTION is the best editor for practically everything that you can get. It can edit B3Ds from the BlitzSonic engine, AND MD2s(Also supports MD2 bones, which makes things WAY easier). Check it out =P

sonicfreak94 said:
(Also supports MD2 bones, which makes things WAY easier).

....MD2 bones?

Please explain that to me because have absolutely no clue what that means. o.O

sonicfreak94 said:
srb20211.png

Hah! I ported all the animations finally, and textured it in a two day time frame!

*Delete + repost*

I'll be releasing this VERY soon!

By the way, fragMOTION is the best editor for practically everything that you can get. It can edit B3Ds from the BlitzSonic engine, AND MD2s(Also supports MD2 bones, which makes things WAY easier). Check it out =P

How did you do that! I have been trying to do that forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back