New enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAngel

Just wondering, is it possible to alter the enemies in the game?

Like changing the crawlas to look different. Or redrawing Eggman so he looks like your boss, making it a lot more satisfying to beat him up! :wink:

After making custom levels and custom characters, that could be the next step.

Very, very much so; just look up the lump names, make the sprites, renames the sprites so that the PWAD will overwrite the said lumps, and feel the magic (er... XY/XX!).

Would it be possible to alter the boss and it's attacks so it could be like a weird evil version of one of the characters that could attack you by spindashing at you or throwing fireballs or something? Or would the AI for that be too complex?

I get some wild ideas sometimes! :twisted:

Wouldn't that be making a whole new enemy altogether? It's possible, sure, but enemies are incredibly hard to make, so I don't think it'll ever happen.

Yeah, probably would be like adding a totally new enemy.

I got the idea from watching the basic eggman boss, thought maybe you could change him into something else, then alter his rocket-firing animation to throwing fireballs or something. Then when he tries to ram into you, change that to a spindash type animation.
Then it would look strange unless you could figure a way to keep him on the ground though...

Anyway, just running some ideas around. If anyone is planning on trying something like that, I'd love to see the result :)
If I can make it work without causing the game to crash horribly, then I'll put it in one of my level designs.

Ritz said:
Wouldn't that be making a whole new enemy altogether? It's possible, sure, but enemies are incredibly hard to make, so I don't think it'll ever happen.
You could just modify the attacks Eggman uses via SOC editing. Blaze made Eggman shoot turret fire that way.

DarkAngel said:
I got the idea from watching the basic eggman boss, thought maybe you could change him into something else, then alter his rocket-firing animation to throwing fireballs or something. Then when he tries to ram into you, change that to a spindash type animation.
Then it would look strange unless you could figure a way to keep him on the ground though...
Sounds like a plan. *pokes JTE again*

Hmm, sounds interesting. What is SOC editing?

Got an idea for a whole set of levels, but I wanted another boss enemy with more powerful attacks for the final stage.
Got quite a few crazy ideas actually, but the others can be worked around somehow with the existing stuff. :wink:

Actually, you know what would be totally awesome?

Evil Otto.

Think about it. An enemy that is completely invincible, but can kill you in a single touch. An enemy that can go through walls in its attempt to hunt you down. An enemy that is nothing more than a bouncing smiley face, but is nevertheless OH SO EVIL.

That would rawk. Detons would pale in comparison to the paranoia Evil Otto would give you.

And before anyone asks, he's from the video game Berserk. Yes, he already exists.

EDIT: "Go with walls" my eye...

Shadow Hog said:

Evil Otto.

Think about it. An enemy that is completely invincible, but can kill you in a single touch. An enemy that can go with walls in its attempt to hunt you down. An enemy that is nothing more than a bouncing smiley face, but is nevertheless OH SO EVIL.

That would rawk. Detons would pale in comparison to the paranoia Evil Otto would give you.

And before anyone asks, he's from the video game Berserk. Yes, he already exists.

STOP THE HUMANOID!
THE HEDGEHOG MUST NOT ESCAPE!

That's pure genius.

someone actually remembers Evil Otto? man that would be funny! and when he gets you he flashes and makes some bizarre atari noise!

Shadow Hog said:

Evil Otto.

Think about it. An enemy that is completely invincible, but can kill you in a single touch. An enemy that can go through walls in its attempt to hunt you down. An enemy that is nothing more than a bouncing smiley face, but is nevertheless OH SO EVIL.

EDIT: "Go with walls" my eye...
YES. *pokes JTE again*

...Oh poo, I put his eye out.

DarkAngel said:
Just wondering, is it possible to alter the enemies in the game?

Like changing the crawlas to look different. Or redrawing Eggman so he looks like your boss, making it a lot more satisfying to beat him up! :wink:

After making custom levels and custom characters, that could be the next step.
GONE

Uh, Hello, DarkAngel is talking about a completely different subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back