New 3D Sonic Game NEW SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you're using my Green Hill texture set from SFSB/Wizard....

You're quite perceptive. Yeah, that's the one. It was one of the only decent textures of my hard drive...

Ugh. Looks bad.

Gee, thanks!

It's one of those evil 3d slope engines that have already been programmed in mostly, right? You just need to program in speed and all that?

Nope. It's from scratch, except the MFC libraries. Oh, and I've switched it over to DirectX, so it's using some of the default directx libraries, but it didn't before. I may switch this over to GM soon though, because it's getting too much for just one person. That probably means to expect a demo much sooner than anticipated. Screens of the GM version coming soon.

I'm just learning command line programming in my C++ class and it already blows me away. x_X
So yeah, how hard is it?

It's quite hard, I know from my own experiences with C++

I noted that you said Sonic R models. How will that work? The Sonic R models are not the same as the files for the Sonic Heroes models or something.

Yano, if I had the right program, I would make 3D models for you.

firemario1001 said:
So I guess this means the Sonic Extreme mod is off, huh?

Why does the Wizard still employ the use of sprites?

It doesn't have to. You can use either sprites or a model for an object. Look at the snow screenshot... just about all of the scenery is made of models.

I must say, this engine looks promising. Seriously, the Sonic model looks awsome! Hopefully we'll see more screenshots, and possibly a demo.

You can basicly get anything off of www.howstuffworks.com . If you want to know about C++, check it out there. Its about as boring, long, and confusing at hell, so I didnt bother. But its all there, so make a search for C++ in there.

It kinda looks like the same speed as SFSB, and he probably doesnt know. He'll have to test it on different PCs in order to get that information.

How fast is this game

It runs full speed on this:

P3 500Mhz
16 MB internal video card
128 MB RAM

So, it'll run on almost anything that SRB2 runs on.

For that, the engine (at least the rendering) is a million times better than SRB2.[/quote]

I dunno, but I can run a BitBlt-relient Visual Basic Program that draws about 100 pictures per frame at about 35 FPS full speed without any unsmooth motion on my 400MHz laptop with no 3d card.

Oh, yeah... It runs the sound engine BASS all the time in the background, too. With about 30% CPU usage, no less!
:mrgreen:

The engine and models look pretty awesome, so far. Good to know you aren't using a TOO crappy Sonic model :roll:

Hey, maybe you and SSC should get together and have you make the game based off of his movie...

Hey, it's a good idea :wink:

firemario1001 said:
How do laptop CPU and video cards compare to those in desktops? I know they run slower than desktop "equivalents"

They're the same speed, but some of the other components are miniaturized/slower which brings down the speed of the entire system.

Laptop CPUs now also throttle themselves down when idle to save power and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back