New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't, but he really seems to imply it, or that he's connected to the developers. I don't think a "community manager" or whatever the **** he is has access to any of Sonic 4.

EDIT: He's an "assistant community manager" out of San Francisco.

No, I think that it is quite a smart move on Sonic Team's move. Keep in mind they haven't made such an earnest attempt at emulating the classics in a new game in years. If they're going to get it just right, we probably are not going to see it until a later episode. Until then, making these nods to the classics is an awesome way to show some respect to the old games. Its not likely to be a revolution, but it'll be something to geek out over and hopefully something that plays pretty decently too..

Granted I personally felt that most of Rush Adventure and some of Rush was very far removed from the "hold right to win" complaint many fans have. "Boost to win, maybe... right to win? naww" However, what was described in the post quoted here does not sound right when compared to the footage that has been leaked.
In the footage the most irritating thing I noticed was bowling ball sonic (I always felt Sonic 1 took it to the extreme) which would take getting used to... while the jump itself simple seemed to have a lot to do with how fast you were going at the time. However he says that running is too easy and that the jump is the problem.
And as for "hold right to win", that statement implies you just basically have to press one button and you've won. However if it means going through a mostly linear stage where you could hold down right the whole time and not get into trouble, well I play NSMBWii that way too, as well as many areas in Vectorman 2, Ristar barring some of the puzzles, and the older sonic games... naturally it wasn't the only button I pressed, or else I would have been in trouble, and it did tend to keep me from accessing some of the secrets.

Essentially, the impressions don't match up with what I've seen. I can probably assume its my own ignorance, either to the problems he points out or with what his language is supposed to mean.

I will note, I loved Sonic Rush. If this does end up being Sonic Rush 3, as many are saying, I'll probably get the game without any second thoughts.

JEV3.. Sonic team's move? I thought this was being made by Dimps and like 1-2 members from Sonic Team.

It isn't a complete rehash, for all we know. The guy might be exaggerating.

That reminds me... Am I the only one that's happy that it's a rehash?

Hey I'm just expecting a game that I can waste multiple hours of playing and worth the 800 to 1200 points spent. Though I am rather disappointed that Tails or Knuckles won't be in it, it doesn't change the fact that I will give it a shot.

All I'm worried about is if it will be entertaining...

@hms: Does it really matter what his plans are? It's obvious, he wants revenge. Final boss? Who cares? We have only so much information that speculating about any boss is pointless. Just be patient and wait till more stuff comes out

Last edited:
JEV3.. Sonic team's move? I thought this was being made by Dimps and like 1-2 members from Sonic Team.

Okay, from now on I'm just gonna say Sonic4guys so I don't have people nitpicking me in situations where it really doesn't make a difference at all.

He probably is exaggerating on a few fronts, but frankly I like the idea of it being a rehash. As I've said before, it is a safe move. After taking a look at the topic concerning this preview at SSMB, I don't really think I want to get involved in it. Drama and backlash for a Sonic game? honestly even an optimist should have seen it coming. Its only gonna get worse, regardless of how good the game turns out. (although logic dictates that if the game is bad, it'll be an even bigger problem, because those that don't wanna get mixed up in the drama don't have an excuse to ignore the reviews)

Also, who else would love to see them do the same kind of thing Mario Kart Wii did and have another channel on the Wii menu named for Sonic 4. *shot*

Last edited:
I laughed at the first statement! Damn, am I picky! XD

I would like a Sonic 4 "Channel" which allows me to pick which episode I want to play. Or maybe have all the zones in the channel and I can pick any level between all episodes.

Well, considering it was made by DIMPS, and they made rush, I'll probably buy it, as long as it's a 2D game. (Sonic Unleash Wii/PS2 was horrible!) I liked Sonic Rush, but they better make the game challenging this time. Sonic Rush was a good game, but the difficulty was a joke! (Minus the special stages.) If it just went from zone to zone with no interruptions, (Besides cutscenes, I really don't mind them.) that would be epic. Basically, go zone to zone and have a "replay stages" option in the menu, a layout like the Sonic Adventure 2.

Last edited:
Well, considering it was made by DIMPS, and they made rush, I'll probably buy it, as long as it's a 2D game. (Sonic Unleash Wii/PS2 was horrible!) I liked Sonic Rush, but they better make the game challenging this time. Sonic Rush was a good game, but the difficulty was a joke! (Minus the special stages.) If it just went from zone to zone with no interruptions, (Besides cutscenes, I really don't mind them.) that would be epic. Basically, go zone to zone and have a "replay stages" option in the menu, a layout like the Sonic Adventure 2.

Dimps only made the day time stages of Sonic Unleashed.. the fun stages.

So don't blame too much on them. The difficulty of Sonic Rush was high as you progressed the story TBH.

no seriously...it probably just eggman...but then...eggman running through loops!?

I wonder could the other playable character be Metal Sonic. It could be....

Hate to break it to you, but they stated that Sonic is the only playable character in the game ( but there will always be the 2nd ep. with another character). The other character is probably Eggman, it will probably explain a little bit about him, and show a model of how he will look in the game, That is my opinion.

Hate to break it to you, but they stated that Sonic is the only playable character in the game ( but there will always be the 2nd ep. with another character). The other character is may be Eggman, it will probably explain a little bit about him, and show a model of how he will look in the game, That is my opinion.

If it was... why? We already know a ton about him, what more do we really need to know? His bathroom? bedroom? Factory? We seen it multiple times already(excluding the bathroom and bedroom thing...). I support seeing the model, but I see no real reason as to playing as Eggman in this format unless it was some Contra based gameplay.

Who said that the other character has to be playable?

Then instead of saying Eggman, just list it like what Heroes or Sa2 did but call it "Eggman Empire" or something. It makes more sense than just listing "Eggman" when people will be under the assumption that they will play as him.

Then instead of saying Eggman, just list it like what Heroes or Sa2 did but call it "Eggman Empire" or something. It makes more sense than just listing "Eggman" when people will be under the assumption that they will play as him.
This is supposed to be a return to the classics. Just Sonic vs. Eggman. And I think that's the message behind these two character boxes.

Now that I think of it, you guys could be right that the other character is eggman, but I think you guys should read the introduction on the official website. You might change your mind or you may think of something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back