New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mean the bottom of his shoes entirely, I'm thinking they're less flexible than his old ones.

Veering back to the topic, I haven't heard any news on Project Needlemouse since the first announcement. I wonder why.

Because SEGA is a giant hype machine that should be ignored until they actually release their games.

I want to see momentum-based physics and retro-style Sonic, but I'm not holding my breath for either of those.

I'm not really anticipating this game. It looks like it'll be another attempt at pleasing the genesis fans by "bringing back" speed to the series. It honestly never was that fast to begin with. It seemed fast in the realistic way that sonic gained speed. I'm just hoping this game will have some decent platforming...and that the new character won't be another 1 game rival of sonic who will disappear afterward.

Inb4 it's based off of the 2D sections of SU and turns into a steamy wad of failure.

Really.
Also, I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before, but I'll say it again. SEGA thinks that the SG games were based on speed. They use GOING INSANLEY FAST LIKE IN SOME UNNAMED DS TITLES as the pitch of the game. Unless there was some super early planned out beta of SRA that managed to get success in some alternate universe, I highly doubt that this is going to be even remotely enjoyable.

animation1md2.gif
I think I might be the only person here who thinks this is the most relevant post in this topic (besides the names, of course).

Last edited:
Inb4 it's based off of the 2D sections of SU and turns into a steamy wad of failure.

What the hell are you talking about?

Needlemouse has nothing to do with SRB2 wads, or even doom, for that matter.

Not every game is wad or something, you know.

What the hell are you talking about?

Needlemouse has nothing to do with SRB2 wads, or even doom, for that matter.

Not every game is wad or something, you know.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Wad
Someone needs to know what wad means.

1. a small mass, lump, or ball of anything: a wad of paper; a wad of tobacco. 2. a small mass of cotton, wool, or other fibrous or soft material, used for stuffing, padding, packing, etc. 3. a roll of something, esp. of bank notes. 4. Informal. a comparatively large stock or quantity of something, esp. money: He's got a healthy wad salted away. 5. a plug of cloth, tow, paper, or the like, used to hold the powder or shot, or both, in place in a gun or cartridge. 6. British Dialect. a bundle, esp. a small one, of hay, straw, etc.

Funny thing is though that even though he meant wad as in a clump of crap, this game will eventually spawn horrendous of wads of fail.

Also, even if the game turns out to go back to its roots, if it is released over online networks, I guarantee you the post-Adventure fanboys are gonna ***** and moan until SEGA releases DLC that lets you play as EVERY character ever introduced since SA2.

Ugh. I don't know if I should be excited for this or be very worried.

Also, even if the game turns out to go back to its roots, if it is released over online networks, I guarantee you the post-Adventure fanboys are gonna ***** and moan until SEGA releases DLC that lets you play as EVERY character ever introduced since SA2.
Is that really a bad thing though? Well sure, moronic fanboy *****ing gets really annoying, I'll give you that much, but as long as they still have a decent, fitting place in the game then no wrong can really come of it - a wider audience is catered to, and nobody's forcing you to DL and/or use the extras if it's not in your taste. Besides, I find a classic-style Shadow to be an interesting, curious possibility, and just this once I wouldn't mind Sega exploring it a bit.

Not that I'm going to pry for an encyclopaedia roster though, I'd just find extra chars to be a neat bonus.

I have no problem with DLC Characters if they are, for just one chance, looked genesis style for one game, also I have a guess of when the game is released, June 23 2010, any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back