netgame crashing at start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geona

all of a sudden, I can't seem to run netgames at all. I tried reinstalling SRB2, but no matter what, if I try to run a net game of any kind the game crashes. any clue why?

First try to start a multiplayer off-line (if you aren't connected, this will occurs, and you will be the only player in the netgame). If the game crash again, the problem is in the file. If not, is in the internet connection (probably an antivirus or a fireball).

I'm trying to use the shmetallix skin, so I want to disconnect to have a solo netgame by pressing escape during the connect screen. but I don't even get to the connect screen. the game starts up, goes to a black screen while it switches to full screen mode, then crashes and goes back to windows, and displays a message with some weird symbols in it.

Sik said:
If not, is in the internet connection (probably an antivirus or a fireball).
Hah, "fireball"? :lol: Anyway...

Perhapes you shouldn't be using shmetallix, Geona? -_-' After all, it wasn't made for use outside of Shadow's Sonic Heroes game, and the wad that everyone has is probably a half-complete download.

Try doing this without SHMetallix. As I said before, I havn't tested it, and it could be in an old format, thus incompatible with 1.08.

I tried that too, but It simply won't let me run netgames at all for some reason, regardless if there are wads or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back