NeoPal v1.0 (neopal.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neo Chaotikal said:
NeoPal v1.0 has arrived!

What is NeoPal, you ask? NeoPal is a small wad file containing modified SRB2 pallete data which, when loaded into SRB2 itself, changes the color schemes of the game to variants of the original hues.

My original goal was to liven up the pallete a bit, because I felt that the old DOOM greens and browns were lacking. Eventually, I began making my own modifications, such as a brighter, more vivid pink and a blueish silver gradient.

Great thanks goes out to SSNTails, who assisted me well throughout the whole project, and Cookie Monster, for creating the Inkworks application which I used to rebuild the colormap.

Download (114 KB)

Screenshots:
Before
srbpal1.png
srbpal2.png

After
neopal1.png
neopal2.png

Note: This pallete is in no way supposed to be 'better' than the internal SRB2 pallete, its purpose is solely to provide a different, and hopefully pleasurable experience.

Please, do not contact Sonic Team Jr. or any of its staff asking for this pallete to be used in the actual game, as that is not the purpose of it.

EDIT, eight eons later: Topic title changed to accomodate Shuffle's October 2006 Nazi rant™.
Its nice. I like the colors. the only thing that I don't like is the fact that it totally ruins the color of my wad i'm currently working on: Violat.wad. :| Her purple colors are darkened. I'd show you some pictures, but I don't know how to. Can someone tell me please? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back