• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Need help with XWE....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for not reading this (no bodys gonna probably help anyways I posted something in the stickied topic about this and STILL no one bothers to help me) Like when i get the name of the file and it becomes a shortcut, could i rename it to make it the name of the file (EX: changing sonic plr bak1 bak and all that to Joshthehedgehog)

Joshthehedgehog said:
Sorry for not reading this (no bodys gonna probably help anyways I posted something in the stickied topic about this and STILL no one bothers to help me) Like when i get the name of the file and it becomes a shortcut, could i rename it to make it the name of the file (EX: changing sonic plr bak1 bak and all that to Joshthehedgehog)
That's not true, I'm always happy to help if I can. Just I don't hang around here as much anymore. I still don't understand what you mean, but i'll have a go.
Do you mean the name of the character in the menue? (like sonic, tails and knuckles) You need to edit the name and skinname in the s_skin and objctcfg lumps. You'll also need to edit the name on the pic and display name ingame. Sonic.plr isn't the best place to start as it isn't a proper wad and doesn't have all the parts.

Ok Here's what I need help with:

1. How to Put a picture and description of my character on the character select screen.
2. Should I delete the SS_START?
3. I put the S_SKIN at the top of all of the sprites in the Lumps right?

And more later (when I come up with more problems.)

Joshthehedgehog said:
Ok Here's what I need help with:

1. How to Put a picture and description of my character on the character select screen.
2. Should I delete the SS_START?
3. I put the S_SKIN at the top of all of the sprites in the Lumps right?

And more later (when I come up with more problems.)

• 1. If your pictures are prefabricated, click on Entry, click Load, and double click your image file.
    2. If you want it to be a separate character than Sonic, yes, you should.
    3. Yes, yes, you should, it tends to screw up if you do not.

I recommend opening up a wad and checking out the structure of it. Just copy the way it's done in your wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back