• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Need help with XWE....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue what I'm doing ok? I've read the thing that tells you about editing and I don't think I'm understanding it right..... Ok this is what I do:
1: I take the sprites I want and copy them
2:I take the copied sprites thing and drag it to XWE
3: I take sprites one at a time and save them....
4:I edit them on paint
5:I delete the old ones to put in my sprites
6: I edit the S_SKIN......

and a question: How can I save my progress on the wad?
Plus..... I take the sprites and drag it to the XWE and it says "This file was not found and something else that says find it....so I cancle that and then It opens up witht the sprites (or images...)
I need help here really bad

I know the answer to your first question. It saves itself. Kinda like an autosave feature like in most sonic games.

when ever you save or it autosaves it makes a backup file of what you had before saving. remove the .00x.bak to use it.

You either save it from the menue or close XWE to autosave. When it saves it overwrites the original file and creates a backup file like this 'example.wad.001.bak' If you went wrong and have to start over, right click on the backup file and select rename. Rename it to this 'example.wad' Be sure to rename/remove the altered wad file so it lets you use the name of the wad.
Now you can start over from when you last saved!

Uhh... I also need help...thanks in advance. You see when I open my XWE a few minutes ago this happned. No frames! Can someone help me get the toolbar and frames back on there. NOTE: the wad is sonic.plr
ok.jpg

Try pressing F11 to make the menu bar reappear. Then, go into the View menu to reshow the hidden parts of the window. Also, if not all of the lumps are showing up in the lump list, try turning off filtering by pressing the All button on the bottom.

Ok got it fixed. Now they are in black.How do I get them color? I want them to look like this on the XWE.

TAILA1.jpg

protojo said:
What is your other question?

You need to be shot

Yes I do need to be shot *shoots self and gets shot by every person who reads this post*
OK (I'm not done but) lets say I got done with it (I got everything hands down except this part) How exactly would I be able to test it? Would I add it though the launcher or something?

Load the wad. You do know how to do that don't you?
If you get a signal handler error you did something wrong. Be sure to have the latest version of XWE and set it not to auto-capitalize.

I have one question. I'm in xwe and whenever I attempt to load ANYTHING or save after editing something, I always get an I/O error 21.
How can I save/load my files?

Oh....

Ok I'll try that, thanks.

Edit: Oh wait, by that do you mean the thing that comes up at start up? Because that didn't work

I can't think of any other reason that would cause that, unless you're missing a file. But, presumedly, that would prevent it from running, not cause a save/load error.

I got the beta version. Is it buggy, in other words meaning I should get the.....NOT beta one?

EDIT never mind I'll just get it and see if it's not as buggy as the beta one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back