Need help with: Getting levels to play as other standard characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried some of the commands noted in the wiki, but I seem to be having no luck with this current issue.

The question is, how can I force a level to use another character in single player mode using a console command? Say I get halfway through zone X with Sonic, and wanted to change to Tails for a while, then later finish the stage as Knuckles...

Obviously, casual play is the objective here, this isn't for any serious sort of playing... Is this even possible in single player mode?

Below Issue was solved by renaming .lmp and playing replay in Time Atack, as long as you already have a .lmp of that level already existing

I had a similar issue playing back replays that used Non-Sonic characters, if they didn't use the default .lmp generated by the game. For example, if a replay for Greenflower Zone Act 1 as Tails was named anything other than MAP01-01.lmp, if I tried to play it back with the -file command it would default to using Sonic for the replay and it would quickly go out-of-sync... and even when playing the default replays you have to use the Replay function in Time Attack for it to work at all, or it defaults to Sonic and the replay becomes worthless.

Last edited:
If you're not worried about the game triggering the unlockables flag, you can use

Code:
devmode;wait 1;skin <character>;wait 1;devmode

In a script to get what you want. But you'll need to stop the player somehow before triggering it, because character changes don't work while moving. (Possibly use a teleporter that also runs the script.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back