Need help with DOOM Editor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerblip

I am new to SRB2 and Doom Editor. I was following a tutorial that said to load the SRB2 iwad stuff (which I don't understand any of that) and when I go to test my level, it doesn't refresh! It draws the words Greenflower zone all over the screen, and whenever I move, it draws my character on the screen as well, but doesn't refresh, so after a few seconds it has a million sonics all over the screen!!! What do I do? Note: I do know how to edit the vertexes and lines and such, I just don't understand the whole iwad bit...

IWad is the main wad. SRB2.SRB would be it.

And that effect is called a Hall of Mirrors effect, which usually occurs with missing textures.

Re: Yeah, but how do you...

powerblip said:
Yeah, but how do you get rid of the "Hall of Mirrors Effect"???

If it shows on a wall, fix it by adding a texture there. If it shows in the distance, your map is too big.

Re: AARRGGHH!!

powerblip said:
I already tried all that... The tutorial I am following is found here:
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/srb2/dbtutorial/tutorial.html
pls tell me what I might be doing wrong, I am stuck on step 3, and I can't find the F_SKY1 texture that it asks for. In order to help me, you better take a quick swing at this tutorial I found.

F_SKY1 is not a texture. It's a marker for skies to show in SRB2. Can only be used for flats and ceilings.

Where did it go George?

Yeah, but how do I get the F_SKY1 Skybox/ceiling flat to show up???
And I still need people to try out the tutorial and help me. See last post by powerblip.

Re: Where did it go George?

powerblip said:
Yeah, but how do I get the F_SKY1 Skybox/ceiling flat to show up???
And I still need people to try out the tutorial and help me. See last post by powerblip.
It doesn't show up, because it's not real. Just type its name in the textbox. DB will complain that it's an unknown flat, but that doesn't matter. (Recent versions of SRB2DB don't give this message.) It'll work in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back