Need help fixing my WAD.Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDSunshine said:
Jellybones69 said:
It's too big.

Its suppost to be big...
fine i will shrink it, BUT THAT WONT HELP!!!!!!!!
wait, the cherector select?
or the frame?

I fixed the frame.
BUT IT STILL SUCKS.
Here is the broken wad.
If you can fix it, send it to me Via PM.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kps6at

The character frame. It will fix it. I was making a character wad once and I didn't know big the frames were supposed to be, so I made them big and that happened.

Thanks, but I can't fix it. I never said I would.

All you have to do is resize every frame way smaller then it is (Not too small) and then make those the frames.

Also, are you using XWE beta with capitals only turned off?

Jellybones69 said:

All you have to do is resize every frame way smaller then it is (Not too small) and then make those the frames.

What do you mean make the frame smaller?
Im not using WXE, im using slumped, how do you turn capitals off?

TDSunshine said:
Jellybones69 said:

What do you mean make the frame smaller?
Im not using WXE, im using slumped, how do you turn capitals off?

I'm not using slumped anymore, so I'm not sure.

Also, by making frames smaller, I mean, literally, go size them down in paint. Try that.
(Also, by frames I mean not the life, char select pic, and name. I mean the character's moving frames.)

here is the shrunken frame.
alltheframes-1.jpg

but it still doesnt work.
It is when i scroll to it on charector select is when it doesnt work.just so you know

Well, your character would still break if the frame was that large.

I'm sure if the select pic is not a specific size, then it breaks.

Jellybones69 said:
Well, your character would still break if the frame was that large.

I'm sure if the select pic is not a specific size, then it breaks.

here, i will compare a nother charector frame to giygas's

GIYGCHAR.jpg

SPIOCHAR.png

sorry about the B&W

I am guessing you are using SLumpEd correct? Well, you are going to need to set that up correctly, so it can display the pictures in color, and so you can have your images converted correctly. Read the SLumpEd tutorial on the SRB2 wiki. That will tell you how to setup SLumpEd and how to convert the images into something SRB2 can read.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SLumpEd_Tutorial

What are you tryin' to pull here?
JK, well anyway, this says nothing on how to make it so that it can read it, and therefore, is not useful, because i did it, and made a new one (but i still kept the old one) and named it GigFin.WAD, but it did the exact same thing T_T .

owait.

i did not read all of the articals.
:O

but i did the right article this time, but it STILL doesnt work.

TDSunshine said:
Monster Iestyn said:
Violo said:
Uhhh, it's the menuposition. I checked it and you don't need it there. Turn it off, if fact, delete it and see if that works.
Also, I've just noticed it's Character 3. Put it to Character 4, I think 3 is used up by the remnents of Zim.

I doubt the menuposition is the thing causing the problem. It may not be needed anymore, but it's not buggy or anything like that, as far as I know. My old Mighty wad had a menuposition for the OBJCTCFG, and yet it still worked just fine in Character Select.

There are still remnents of Zim about in 1.09.4? o_O I didn't know that.

And TDSunshine, I think you should have saved your images as BMPs before you loaded them to SLUMPED. Changing the PNGs into IMAGEs in SLUMPED probably won't help.

I changed the pics into PNGs, but it still says the same thing.

That's not what I said you should do.

I said you should save the image you uploaded to SLUMPED as a bmp file, and then upload it to SLUMPED again, and replace the PNG one with it. When you upload it to SLUMPED, it should automatically turn into an IMAGE.

Ok, i changed them to PNGs, put them on slumped and changed the To DoomGfx, and they worked on the menu, i saw the select pic and could read the words, but then i got on, the backround for the moving sprite and the name was white instead of it being normal (because the backround was light blue as usual) it was white. I thought i could fix that, so i tryed to Jump and float (i set the ability to Float) and it said Signal Handler segment violation.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

First of all, you forgot to set the last two frames to lowercase...but that's not what's causing the problem...I'm going to take a closer look at it.[/quote]

:SonicMaster: said:
Paint + SLumpEd is not good enough for Character WADs. You'll also need a program like IrfanView.

I just tried to get paint.net, but that wont work due to circumstances beyond my control,

what do you think i should get?

You can use paint and it will be fine. What you could do export a picture from a working character wad (like sonic or something) and then open that picture in MS Paint. Then paste your picture over that sonic picture, and save it. It will be in the correct palette that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back