This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Ah, someone else who has the curse of an overactive imagination! The addition of lore was a nice incentive to keep playing, and the true final boss was good too. Everything about this wad is a little stunted in execution, but it was an overall enjoyable experience. Keep it up!

Played through the entire vanilla campaign non-fragmented this time, and I'm noticing I'm better and better each time I pick Nasya up. I'd even call myself fairly decent once the thok shield or superforms get involved...but that's cheating, I know. It's really cool she has a story of her own beyond the usual "Spongebob's here to kill Eggman for stealing Krabby Patties" thing. If all these cutscenes were here before, I've not seen many as I always just warped past the boss fights, so this was actually new to me!

...which was mostly because bossfights are a drag. Not necessarily because they're hard(Cheesing CEZ3 with dat hitbox, yo), thanks to Nasya's massive attack hitbox. Bossfights just don't suit her playstyle. One mistake and you have to slowly drift away from enemy fire until the pace can pick up again, which feels all kinds of wrong in battle. Nasya funnily enough notes a Crawla before she ever does Eggman.

Arid Canyon was over in a flash just having fun flying over everything, but I spend like half of my playthrough in Deep Sea constantly stopping for bubbles and building momentum again, as well as that goddamn crusher section.

Random Sketch

This time around, I figured where I was going wrong.

First, there's an instinct to hold towards the wall to cling to it, but while it's hard to notice, this causes Nasya to instantly jump back into the same wall and lose all her
momentum. Gotta let go off the direction keys first! Though it would be nice if players had to let go off all directions before Nasya would simply auto-jump.

Second, the jump/walljump-aiming reticule STARTS at 90 degrees upwards, so lightly tapping jump makes you jump straight into space rather than a more modest 30 degrees.

Third, you can actually AFFORD to do said 30 degree jump because the timing star thingy won't decrease while charging a jump. Seemingly ever. And I don't seem to be able to cancel the stored power.

Finally...I keep trying to uncling from walls with spin, as well as flinging myself at them as hard as possible while tumbling to walljump. But you can't.
BTW, Tsundere button even while flying around is the best thing ever.

Played through the entire vanilla campaign non-fragmented this time, and I'm noticing I'm better and better each time I pick Nasya up. I'd even call myself fairly decent once the thok shield or superforms get involved...but that's cheating, I know. It's really cool she has a story of her own beyond the usual "Spongebob's here to kill Eggman for stealing Krabby Patties" thing. If all these cutscenes were here before, I've not seen many as I always just warped past the boss fights, so this was actually new to me!

...which was mostly because bossfights are a drag. Not necessarily because they're hard(Cheesing CEZ3 with dat hitbox, yo), thanks to Nasya's massive attack hitbox. Bossfights just don't suit her playstyle. One mistake and you have to slowly drift away from enemy fire until the pace can pick up again, which feels all kinds of wrong in battle. Nasya funnily enough notes a Crawla before she ever does Eggman.

Arid Canyon was over in a flash just having fun flying over everything, but I spend like half of my playthrough in Deep Sea constantly stopping for bubbles and building momentum again, as well as that goddamn crusher section.

Random Sketch

This time around, I figured where I was going wrong.

First, there's an instinct to hold towards the wall to cling to it, but while it's hard to notice, this causes Nasya to instantly jump back into the same wall and lose all her
momentum. Gotta let go off the direction keys first! Though it would be nice if players had to let go off all directions before Nasya would simply auto-jump.

Second, the jump/walljump-aiming reticule STARTS at 90 degrees upwards, so lightly tapping jump makes you jump straight into space rather than a more modest 30 degrees.

Third, you can actually AFFORD to do said 30 degree jump because the timing star thingy won't decrease while charging a jump. Seemingly ever. And I don't seem to be able to cancel the stored power.

Finally...I keep trying to uncling from walls with spin, as well as flinging myself at them as hard as possible while tumbling to walljump. But you can't.
BTW, Tsundere button even while flying around is the best thing ever.

the Sketch you done of Nasia underwater while talking about the struggles on Deep Sea is really a mood, and also something i can heavily relate since i got that struggle as well

It's not bad, but still not good

The concept is really cool, but it's not playable at all and I really don't want to be bad, but I can't with her, it's horrible trying to fight any boss with her, I beated the Metal's race with almost any character, but with this is not possible

The concept is really cool, but it's not playable at all and I really don't want to be bad, but I can't with her, it's horrible trying to fight any boss with her, I beated the Metal's race with almost any character, but with this is not possible

Same for me,she is bad at fighting bosses and racing.

I wonder if you'll ever make the model used for prerendering Nasya available for 3D Model users. It would certainly be nice to have a definitive model for Nasya, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

If anyone actually managed to beat the game with this character(and recorded it),you are uber based

Last edited:
srb20002.gif

This isn't a bug report or anything,I just find Nasya as a bot(via BuddyEX) both funny and sad

Last edited:
When playing Nasya with BuddyEx, I had Nasya, Wido and Shadow Android in my team, but when i reached the special stage, I either deleted Nasya or switched to Wido, but Wido became a special version of Nasya (final boss spoiler like the nasya clones you fight in the final boss so I found that kinda cool

Attachments

• srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 104
I honestly wish there was a video of Nasya's cutscehe so that I don't have to slog through the campaign with her to see em

obligatory nasaya full playthrough when

I honestly wish there was a video of Nasya's cutscehe so that I don't have to slog through the campaign with her to see em

obligatory nasaya full playthrough when
when i got sick of waiting for the cutscenes i just used the map map?? command to get to each 3rd act and beat the boss

Hi, im the guy that left a long message more than a year ago. I said id check back here, and better late and never i guess. Ive been meaning to complete a playthrough with her forever but i couldnt for a long time for "personal reasons". But i finally did and man this character is great.
Before anything else, thank you so much for the video you did on the eggman castle boss! It was super helpful and i can do it quite consistently now because of it. I still do think he should be made a bit easier since its so early on (metal and the vanilla final boss are also hard but understandably so). But i got to say, this might be one of the best characters to try and master, i was learning and optimizing things in every level, it never let up. For anyone struggling with her, id recommend trying to speedrun the early levels. becoming more comfortable with her is crucial for bosses not being a slog.
Also i had no idea that the extra final boss existed. i wondered how the plot would conclude and it did not disappoint. i dont even use this word normally but it was freaking epic dude, it really feels like a boss designed for her, i just wished it was longer. I even think the story is compelling, it threw for a loop at the end and its easy to follow along (tho a bit back loaded, starchaser could have alluded to why he wanted to go to the stars a bit sooner i think).
Kinda mad at myself for not giving this addon a try before because it genuinely is one of the best i played (i even tried the challenge levels and azure palace is surprisingly relaxing, thats a first).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back