Namesakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboi

Where did everyone get their names from? I got mine from a rapper in Outkast.

I thought if I had a Mario reference in my name, you all would want to kill me, but I guess no one cares about that rivary thing anymore.

I can't remember were I created this name (long time ago, uf), but probably was a deformation of SONIC:

SONIC - SONIC - SONIK

I originally called myself Shaflugi in Diablo 2 because I wanted something kinda japanese-sounding (mind you, it isn't a real name, nor is it actually japanese ^^;) and I kept it until about a year ago and I think it was.. CherryMay..? She called me Shuffle so I just kinda changed to that @_@.

It was actually two years ago. ^_~

There's an insane long story behind where this came from. Well, back in 2002, when I first logged on to #srb2 Mysteria, I was a flat out n00b, no questions asked. So I kept bugging everybody about how I wanted to play SRB2 with them and eventually changed my name to SRB, and made tons of jokes about how I was a crappy, 5-year old fangame with no replay vaule whatsoever. A month or so later, I pinged out and got disconnected. I came onto IRC and had to pick a different name, and wanting to let people know it was still me, I picked "SRB2". Liking it, I had I had been getting on the SRB2 message boards right around that time, and had been using the alias Megasonic101 for close to 5 years already, so I went and combined the two. Not reading the rules (Or for that matter, adressing what little common sense I had), I bumped damn near every topic on the entire forum, getting people such as Mystic and Digiku majorly pissed off at me. The message board then experienced a complete crash and remained like that for around a month.

A while later, the message boards were fresh and up and running again, and so I came back to them.

After a while, I began to tire of my old nicks, and started thinking of a new one I could use. I had always had a strange obbession with the word "Omega", and would use it in fangames, projects, ect., so I got a little inspiration from Blaze and turned my nick into "OmegaHedgehog", where it stayed.

I, however, had still retained my old account (SRB2/Megasonic101) on the SRB2 message boards, and eventually contacted a441 and asked if I could get it changed. He said he couldn't as he was only a moderator, and that Mystic was asked the same question by a number of people in the past and told them to just pick a name and stick with it, so, running out of options, I created a new account, Omega the Hedgehog, the same one I use today.

There. Agh! Look what you did, you fools!; You gave me carpal tunnel!

Jet came when I wanted to be a Sonic character. I noticed all the character's names' were real words (Amy?) that described them, so I decided so too.

As for Krazy, that came from my brother. He had a character named Kaeoss Krazy, so I just adapted the last name. It worked out pretty well

Geona is an OLD name from nearly 9 or 10 years ago, back when I first started playing Starsiege Tribes. I wanted a unique name, so I randomly put Geona down. Unfortunately the name is inherently a female name, so I ended getting called a girl alot.
I quit playing Tribes for a long time and used a crapload of other aliases, such as Foxalpha, Vega Bolt, and Demonfox. (I like foxes and kitsunes just as much as I like robots.)
I gained a horrible reputation as being a serious newbie with the other aliases. (even though I had very good grammar, being the psychotic perfectionist that I am.) So I decided to leave the forums that I was considered crap at and started over new. I went back to being Geona.
I felt the name needed something extra, but I couldn't figure out what. Then I played the game Gungriffon Blaze, which reignited my love of robots. so, I added "Gungriffon" to my name.

Lately, I've become known as "The Robotic Nightmare" or "The Robotic Dreamer". Mainly it has to do with the fact that I'm obsessed with anything and everything that has to do with robots. thusly, It's become a nickname of sorts.
Though my nickname in real life is "Light", which has to do with my real parent's last name. (I'm adopted :) ) My best friend gave me that one.

"Mystic" is simply shorter than my old AIM, "MysticGokou", since on IRC, shorter is generally better. I occasionally add something onto the end of it when I need to pick a name that isn't registered, but the main "Mystic" part I've pretty much kept since 1999.

Personally, I like the fact that I have a name that's just a normal English word, myself ^_^()

It's from the alphabet, alpha, beta, gamma..... And one of the latter words is Omega.

Arf came from my cat. His face looked pumped, so when he made a purr, It sounded Like "Arf". And that's It.

most people in IRC should know this story...

i used to come on IRC like 4 or 3 years ago to play netgames (remember back then SRB2 was in the stone age) my nick, being as creative as i was, was Super_Srb2__Master_Playah. After a while of being pointed at, i changed it to SuperHyperSpazzo_Sonic. It worked for a while, until 1 month ago when i tried srb2 and irc again. i then had a lot of fun changing it up then. It went to Spazzo_Sonique to SuperHyperSpazzo To Mr-N00b to Spazzmania, and then finally, i changed it to what is now SPAZZO. Quite the history, isnt it?

wait....hmm.....Super_SRB2_Master_Playah, and SRB2-Playah. That kinda makes you think... :D

Arf said:
It's from the alphabet, alpha, beta, gamma..... And one of the latter words is Omega.

It's 23rd the last letter of the greek alphabet, which is also why Omega was the last E-100 series.

Omega boost, alpha boost, beta boost, gamma boost................
An so on, Arf continued too say all tha leters, with bosst at the end.
After that, He lived in a mountain because of psichologicall problems, and died when he had 7 years.... Wait... I'm actually.... 18:9(-7-3)=12!!!

Linguo is the robot from a simpsons episode.

Homer - "Me like beer"
Linguo - "I like beer"
Homer - *pours beer into Linguo's mouth*
Lisa - "NO!"
Homer - "I thought he was a party robot"

Weird coincidence that I became a linguist hehe.

EPSILON BOOST MADNESS MINUTE!!!!!
Well... that was very off-topic.... -_-*I'm sometimes worried about my mental state....*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back