• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mystic Realm Legacy (Portation topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully!

Everything up to Sunken Plant 1 is "finished". I keep going back and touching stuff up, though.

Taking a bit of a break right now, but I should still be done before the end of the month.

Great!

Three questions more for you:

It will have The NAGZ or the old AGZ?
It will have Prismatic Angel Zone and Mystic Realm Zone?
It will have the unlockables for a future version or SOCs?

There is a COMPLETE Mysticrealm.wad. It's on Fawfulfan's 4shared.

Sorry but,that's not a complete version. that version still lacks the soc being ported. This means that Second quest doesn't work properly, nor do the custom bosses.

I still have to finish fixing the custom badniks and get Mystic's permission before continuing. Even if I don't get permission, I will finish up porting the soc, but will stop work on the mod after that. I figure it might help him to have the soc already ported.

The levels are completely ported and it is playable. That is what I ment by complete.

If the levels in second quest are missing badniks, that's not complete, nor completely ported.

I contributed on the Wiki with the Emblem Locations of Golden Sands. Is it good?
Eh, good job I guess? The MB is not really the place to tell people you made a contribution to the Wiki, nor is it the place to ask if it is good. If it's good, it will probably be left as is, aside from grammatical corrections.

Hopefully with the advent of SRB2 1.1, I can include even more than my original plan intended for. It's not like this hasn't gone well beyond the original intent at this point.
OMG! Mystic wanted to make it longer! =O

I think the last update date on that page would give you more information about my future plans with Mystic Realm than the text on the page.

considering that the last one was 2007, I'd say no plans. I would like to continue porting Mystic Realm though as I already got the custom badniks for second quest fully working again. If that's alright with you.

I'm pretty close to having the soc fully ported.
Hello, my name is SpiritCrusher and I have a fully working and complete SOC for Mystic Realm.

Why on earth did you take so long? It took me 5-6 hours at most.

EDIT: Also, welcome back srb2.org :3

Hello, my name is SpiritCrusher and I have a fully working and complete SOC for Mystic Realm.

Why on earth did you take so long? It took me 5-6 hours at most.

EDIT: Also, welcome back srb2.org :3

Well, it looks like just about all the ingredients have been obtained.

Really? As far as I know, the maps aren't fully ported (colormaps, unknown Thing types, missing player starts etc).

But maybe I have done that too...

Ah yes, sorry. I forgot the textures and such were being changed too. But I though the link Fawfulfan posted earlier gave you a practically finished first quest at least.

Ah yes, sorry. I forgot the textures and such were being changed too.
No, that is something Neo Chaotikal is doing and has nothing to do with me.

But I though the link Fawfulfan posted earlier gave you a practically finished first quest at least.
Not really. As I said, the player starts (except player 1 start) are missing, there are unknown Things, and the colormaps are all wrong.

That is, before I got my hands on it.

I'm back, well, kinda.

Eh, just so you know, I didn't make "scr_mysticrealmv20_41.wad", although I started the project. I only went up to v3, and even then, the last time I released it was v2.

Since people's wondering who was releasing MR ports on Master Server, I'll answer:

I discovered an unofficial MR port on MS. I and other players were getting pissed off because of constant SigSegvs and other issues. Then, I started by myself to tinker here and there with the wad, so we could at least make it fully playable, and released it discretely on MS.

v3 was made by me.
v4 was made by me (v4.1 not).
... and the v5 is out too:

***SNIP!*** (this fixes some issues pointed out in this topic and something more, see the changelog below)
SRB2DB CFG for MR Editing

This is the whole stuff I've edited so far:

Code:
# ====== Porting changelog ======
#
# -- v3 (2010.Feb.18) ---
#
# MAPCG: quicksand - red floor fixed, now renders QUIKNOAN with ripple effect.
# MAPAV: yellow springs in 3rd room were fixed.
# MAPAV: old hard mode-only platforms were "turned off". Map geometry was kept, though.
# MAPB5: old easy mode-only FOF (sector 136) was "turned off". Map geometry was kept, though.
# MAPB7,B8 and B9: linedef texture TOMBST3 causes SigSegv, so replaced with ACZWALP.
# General: SOC spike added, now spikes have collision. See Porting SOC v3.
#
# -- v4 (2010.Mar.20) ---
#
# MAPAK: door opening now plays sound 78 (lindef 4846 and 4862 - Linef type 414). Was 138.
# MAPAL: elevator trigger now plays sound 78 (lindef 1139 - Linedef type 414). Was 138.
# MAPBB: old easy mode-only FOFs (several sectors near sector 61) were "turned off". Map geometry was kept, though.
# MAPBK: door opening now plays sound 78 (lindef 4802 and 4818 - Linef type 414). Was 138.
# MAPBK: old easy mode-only FOF (sector 492) was "turned off". Map geometry was kept, though.
# MAPBL: elevator trigger now plays sound 78 (lindef 1139 - Linedef type 414). Was 138.
# MAPBL: old easy mode-only FOFs (sector 193 and 197) were "turned off". Map geometry was kept, though.
# MAPBS: linedef texture OTHZW2W (not ported) replaced with THZWAL02. Near sector 593.
# MAPC3,6,9: map now exists upon defeating the boss.
# MAPCF: map now exists upon defeating all bosses.
# MAPCI-CO: MR's special stages now accessible and SKYNUM fixed (I don't know why they were removed from
# MAINCFG. Compatibility?).

# -- v5 (2010.Sep.19) ---
#
# MAPAA,B,C,Q: lava is now liquid. 'Block Enemies' linedef flag was added making lava FOFs act
#  like it originally was.
# MAPBA,B,C,Q: idem.
# MAPC7,8,9: ibidem.
# MAPBU: (original error, fixing) Custom exit was fixed (sector 21), MAPBV is now accessible. 
# MAPBY: The boss (thing 150) no longer gets stuck over invisible FOF. Wrong Z position fixed.
# MAPA5,B5: (original error, won't fix) there's an invisible platform in sector 26. Same happened with SRB2 v1.09.4.
#
That's all. Seeya.

EDIT 1 (about v5) :

If someone wonders about v5 "why the lava is liquid?".

Simple, MR's lava was liquid in 1.09.4. Making it solid could make some "underlava" passages/secret rooms unaccessible (e.g. Vulcan Forge Zone) and the old Flame Rift Zone Act 3 plays way better this way, like in 1.09.4.

EDIT 2 (About Arch Pack):

I'll be back soon to release Arch Pack v0.4. When I'm done with my duties. BRB....

Last edited:
Why did you make the lava a liquid? I thought the port was supposed to be as accurate as possible. Anyway, I'll backport these changes to my version and credit you as a co-porter.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm confused. What did you even do to the lava?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back