Mysterious Desert Zone Match Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
This is my first match map, here are some screenshots.

my.php
[/URL]

Here's the link for the wad, and it replaces Desolate Twilight Zone. It also supports Tag.

Enjoy!.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qhf10v

And also another quick note, before anyone asks is there a thok barrier, yes there is one.

This is a new update now. credit goes to SonicX8000 for fixing some bugs when I was away, check the updates on his post in the 2nd page.

It's ok but needs some improvements.

I'd suggest less quick sand or more was to move around. I try to go to the pyramids and I'm slowed down by the quicksand.
I'd suggest more of those two weapon rings. There's 2 bombs and just 1 homing that's not really enough.
If you keep the quicksand make it so you can walk to the pyramids on land like hopping from floor to floor.
I'd also suggest more rings it's hard to battle against someone in a race to get to the few rings in time.

Pros:

Intresting Pyramids
Floating Platforms
Plenty of Rings

Cons:

Way to much Quicksand
Not enough weapon rings

You could try making the pyramids bigger, and put an infinite ring weapon on top, but that's only a suggestion

Overall, I give it a 7/10.

Come to think of it I think I saw an infinity ring floating WAY up in the sky, but I'm not sure how to get it other than flying up there as Tails.

simsmagic said:
Pros:

Intresting Pyramids
Floating Platforms
Plenty of Rings

Cons:

Way to much Quicksand
Not enough weapon rings

You could try making the pyramids bigger, and put an infinite ring weapon on top, but that's only a suggestion

Overall, I give it a 7/10.

I don't put too many weapons, otherwise the player dominates the level, but I could do something about the quicksand if I can, and add a few more floors to it, but thanks for comments & improvements.

Mmkay, this map is good, but has its issues:

~~~~~Pros~~~~~~
Like the look of the level
Good weapon choice, I'd watch out for Bomb-Homing though

~~~~~Cons~~~~~
Too much quicksand!
Wonky Thing placement*

*You're missing Deathmatch starts, a spring in the middle (I assume you would use to get to the infinity ring), and some rings are either under or inside the FOFs (Bottom-left corner of the map, I believe).

Other than that, it's a good start. Keep going and it'll end up a great map.

There is a new update of the level now, download the link on the first post, some floor textures we're changed, and so we're some rings, items etc. Also the level has some more floors and stuff added.

For the quicksand, I have now added some floors, so that when you fall in the sand, you can jump on those and escape, or jump to the pyramids. Also the infinity ring has been moved.

Great. This is much better. However, I suggest you try moving the infinity ring to a place where it is harder to reach. Other than that, the level is good.

Errr... what is that up there? Look for the red SQR.

And why am I playing as amyrose? Its cuz she can float if you hold down the jump button.

That's on of the glitches I'm trying to fix right now. It must be I have those upper texture thingies instead of just having the frontside and backside ones. But thanks for pointing that one out since I only fixed most of them in the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back