My work is finally finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first WAD is finally done. ^_^ I feel good about it. It is something I will be keeping for myself. I might work on another WAD soon. Maybe something origonal.

If you're not gonna release anything than don't make a topic about it... Anyway, if you do release it, it should be in the "releases" section. [/duh]

He said hes keeping it to himself.
So then WHY make a topic about something if thats all your gonna say?
This is also in the wrong forums.

If you aren't going to release any of it, then we don't care. Once you build up the guts to release something, let us know.

Hmmm... since this is the SRB2 Discussion forum and he posted this topic here he obviously is not trying to talk about his finished wad BUT the fact that managing to create something made him happy. So maybe we should share feelings about our first wads.

I agree that creating your own first, epic, giant, awesome level (one room with a hole in the middle in my case) or character wad makes you feel very good. When I did it I was like: "WOW! You just drew these lines on that blank, black flat ground with your bare hands (and a mouse) and just built a 3D world with lots of room to explore!"
Then I played Mystic Realm and felt frustrated for the rest of the day... xD

Technically, my actual first WAD was the only one I had created in WadAuthor. Or should I say...edited? It was an edit of Special Stage 5 for Match mode.

My second WAD, which happened to be my first custom WAD, Cosmic Failhouse, made me happy that I actually created a 3D level. Yeah, I know, it fails.

Oh, gosh, I'm writing a history of my WADding and that's kind of off topic. But oh, well. If you're interested, you can keep reading:

My third WAD, Racing into Dreams, made me proud as it was my first NiGHTS level. Yeah, it fails, too. At least it's...only slightly less boring than Darkmatter Freeway Zone. It shouldn't have gotten a 4.166 in the contest. It should have gotten like 2.5 or something.

My fourth WAD, Knux Emerald Quest, made me proud because I had made my first vertically moving platform and I learned some new FOF tricks. Yes, I know. This WAD fails, too.

My fifth WAD, Supa Kingadahill Zone, made me proud as I had learned how to use linedef executors for a not-all-that-used gametype. So my level fails. Yeah.

My sixth WAD, Caustic Fortress Zone, didn't make me really proud. In fact, it originally was so long that it overran the blockmap limitation. Well, it was a map with a bad gimmick imported from another game: Kirby Air Ride. Therefore, *gets big stamp*, GLABER SYNDROME! This is possibly the worst thokfest to ever hit the community.

My seventh WAD, Arctic Dewpoint Zone, really made me proud as I had made an enjoyable multimare map. I now cringe at my bad object placement. But I did do all the object placement manually.

My eighth WAD, Super Special Stage Zone, never made me proud. Yes, it's lame. When I heard that you could go Super Sonic in it, I laughed for 15 minutes straight. No joke.

My ninth WAD, Wacky Track Zone, made me proud as it is my first truly good level. I still think it's better than Slumber Circuit Zone, so that makes me even happier.

Wow, you actually cared to read a history on my WADs? O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back