My Very first wad (littletown.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't download things from FFH, and I'm not the only one, it either says pass protected or invalid download link (just like this one said).

AcidTails said:
Wads wont work with a space in its name. rename it to little_town.wad like I did.
Or you could use inverted commas like so.
Code:
ADDFILE "LITTLE TOWN.WAD"
ZOMG U ADD FILE

I'll Begin said:
AcidTails said:
Wads wont work with a space in its name. rename it to little_town.wad like I did.
Or you could use inverted commas like so.
Code:
ADDFILE "LITTLE TOWN.WAD"
ZOMG U ADD FILE

Or you can just rename it yourself.

Can someone please Upload it on sendspace so I can try it. Please and thank-you. :)

That could be true, other pepole might not rename it the same then in multiplayer they won't be able to do servers with it, is that what you mean? Anyway thanks for the sendspace. *downloads* I'll post comments later.

I tested your level, it's pretty damn good for your first release. Here are some pros and cons of your level

Pros:
Non-abusive secret areas.
Large.
Water that works.
Level header.
The area between the forest and the hotel building doesn't look half bad.

Cons:
Hangout map?
Cramped in some areas.
No Thok Barriers.
Missing textures.
srb20005.png
srb20006.png

No colormap in water, meaning everything doesn't turn blue like it does in most levels.
A very tiny race track.
Visual glitches here and there when playing in Software mode.
Fire trail is weirdly shaped.
srb20011.png
srb20012.png

Level name is too big for the screen.
srb20004ul7.png

Can barely see in the forest.
Indoor environments are pretty bland.
Hardly any rings.
Lava pot doesn't give fire damage.

Also, this isn't really a good or bad thing, but what exactly is this room? Is it a bathroom or a snow room?
srb20007.png
srb20008.png

Wow that was quik I only just posted :eek:

I'll Begin said:
Also, this isn't really a good or bad thing, but what exactly is this room? Is it a bathroom or a snow room?

If it is that is one BIG Bathroom :eek: :eek:

Galea said:

I'll Begin said:

Heh, I was writing that post right after I uploaded this wad to Sendspace for you, so I had plenty of time.

K I tested it and a few things came to me, the first is that this map got up, grabed me by the neck, and screamed out with all it's strenth HANGOUT.
Second, lack of thok barriers, In the outside pool I went through the map and carryed on going forever and ever and ever and ever.
Third, when you called it Green Greenie Hotel, you really ment it :eek: when I got in the forest part my eyes popped out and ran to hide.
Fourth, where is the end? I looked and I couldn't find it.
Fith, some textures are missing, it got confusing when you look behind you and you see the sky as a wall. :?

Now for me to say the good stuff I like about it:
First, nice and big, I like that, not many cramped spaces only inthe air-vent (but thats just normal).
Second, Yay! A pool! I can drown the poor bots of JTE in a public hotel :twisted:
Third, erm...well...I think that's it.
My overall is, nice map, good for a match or hide&seek tag, but for solo or coop, it's a little too hangout style. But keep it up and you'll get better in a flash. Wow that's the longest poste I have ever done without pics

Galea said:

I'll Begin said:

Its a snow room. Luxe eh?

I did new things
- The lavapot is removed
- I added the water colour
- There is a exit

Here's the new link: Hangout wad. Link removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back