• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My level has problems

Does this look like it can be fixed?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yep.

• Its ugly and will always stay ugly. :shock:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost_Zero

wow it's toast
It has some... graphic problems.... yeah. When I check the map in SRB2DB it doesn't show any missing textures.... and it gets worse around the end of the level. I mean A exit. There is a secret one for Sonic. :eek:

srb20240mq1.png

I just wanted to put the lake I worked so hard on. :lol: Really. It kept messing up and now the colormap won't work.

Code:
<Ghostplayer> It has graphic problems and its hard to see the end of the level because of it. It actually appears to only be in the end of the level. (Actually there are two exits. A special one for Sonic and the regular. The problem is around the regular one.

So.. yeah. If anyone can tell me how to fix this, please tell me. :mrgreen:

Edit: OMG, i forgot the download link. :eek:
http://www.flatfilehost.com/download.php?file=f2bf62af5fca30936a8ab249541e7608

Edit 2: Thanks GCfreak. That really helped me. :D :D :D

i did have that problem before with my forest sanctuary map that i was working on. It was some crappy test map i was doing whilst making my new mod. even with a thok barrier with the settings

0 for celing

0 for floor height

and the rest of the things filled out

it sometimes still goes glitchy even if you fill out the thok barrier textures but you don't fly out when you speed thok the walls . try filling in all the missing textures and see what happens.

I noticed that there were some sectors like that, So then I fixed them. But I think there is another bug like what you said near the secret Sonic exit. But its all the way on the other side of the map.

It looks like you have the sectors too large for Software to handle. This is called a "Hall of Mirrors" effect. To fix, resize your huge sectors over 12000x12000 to 12000x12000. It's the safest maximum size to NOT have a HOM.

furyhunter600 said:
Since when does a map ever need to be so big anyway?

I don't know. I didn't mean to make it HUGE.
Anyways, this topic is okay for being locked since I have my answer. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back