My first release... Forts_ctf.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you made good use of the mixed up world, this could be a great map. If you haven't made good use of the textures, this map would be terrible.

It is all about how you did it. (Sorry, I cannot test the map since I'm not on my own computer.)

Way, way, WAAY too large. Maybe with 16+ people it would be fitting but this is waaay too large at the moment.

I've maked it LARGE because I have to add things and other stuff to finish it. If you have ideas, don't hesitate, tell me about please.

If link is broken, doesn't hesitate to tell me too :D .

Ok, this level is very good.
But here are some negative things about the level:
1- The rings are badlly placed. If we put lightdash on, we will lightdash for a long time in that outter ring rectangle. Place the rings in a better arrenged location in the middle of the bases and near them.
2- Placing four diferent super rings in each base is a NO NO NO. Place one instead, or two maximum.
3- Placing 11 monitors on both bases on some plataforms is also a NO NO NO. Place two or three instead, and outside the plataform. Also, the spring shouldn't be red, because it takes way to long to fall down.
4- The flags are in easy-to-reach places. Place them on top of each base, or on top of the plataform that has 11 monitors.
5- The lava falls don't hurt. I know that it wouldn't be fair for those wou would be on the blue team, but here is my idea: Put, spreaded on the level, Inferno Shields and Water Shields. Then, change the lava's control sector type to "damage (fire)" and the water at the entrance of the blue base, to "damage (water)" (so it'll be praticlly cold water).
Change these and I think that your level will be better.

Ok Espyo, I've changed all you told, and think it will be better like this.
About red springs in the base, if I put a yellow, it doesn't make you go as up as the roof.

EDIT: new link is in my first post.

Enjoy!

Wad Downloaders Rule Number One: Don't download without some screenshots.

OOOOoh! Classics!!! I Love the Good ol' Classics I bet the Simplicity will drag players in to! like Pac-man the arcade game good job

It may look good, but I can't download right now.
About the springs, that's OK.
I'm pretty certain that this level will be great, it is certainlly better than some of mine.

@Espyo: I know about a signal handler, Turtle-man informed me. But I don't have it on my computer :| . I will try to fix it later ( I am searching for a Wad editor on Linux).

Bye :mrgreen: !

~Darktails~ said:
@Espyo: I know about a signal handler, Turtle-man informed me. But I don't have it on my computer :| . I will try to fix it later ( I am searching for a Wad editor on Linux).

Bye :mrgreen: !

you can use Yadex, and srb2.ygd in extras/conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back