My first level: Mushroom Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mushroom castle

mariokart said:
hello y do you think briguy umm.. :oops: your wad cant work i kept on trying like this mushroomcastle.wad and they said it doesnt work file couldnt foung the always said that :(
Alright, I'll try to answer this question. You need to put "MushroomCastle.wad" into the same folder as SRB2. Then, once SRB2 is running, you need to press the accent key to bring down the console. I'm sure you know how to do that. Once you get a command prompt, type "addfile mushroomcastle.wad". After that, start a multiplayer Match game, and choose Mushroom Castle as the level. Then you should be playing

Here's another download link: http://pageofstuff.googlepages.com/MushroomCastle.wad

Good luck, and I hope you understood my instructions.

BriGuy, please, please, please just tell people like that to look at the FAQ. Please.

Also, considering this got scaled up, the rooms are now great. As far as moving around, anyway. However, this took its toll on the thing placement, and thus you should completely rethink it from square 1. Like, delete all your coins and place them again. All.

And remember, nothing works better than trial and error! If you can't do, what makes you think someone else can? Also, test in first person mode!

I do test in first-person, but do you really think the coins should be placed that differently? Wow. I must have done one bad job! :P

It's not that it's bad, it's just that the rings which used to be in lines are no longer that way.

Really, you thought you could get away with that? ;D

Ohhhh, I got it. Heh. You do have a point there. Yeah, I'll have to change that around! :P What do you recommend? More rings, or the same amount in different places? Or less? o_O

Hmm. I'd just delete the old coins and put in new ones. Or rather, you could keep your old coins, but condense them into a cohrent line instead of being so far appart.

BriGuy92 said:
Let me know if you can find the Rapid and Infinite rings!

I did

secret roll in on the left wing

nice recreation of the super mario rpg legend of the seven stars castle

Alright, a small update this time. I changed the ring layout, and got rid of one of the Toads. Next will come higher ceilings to make it a little more Tails-friendly. By the way, is there any way to "mass-change" the ceiling height? (I'm using SRB2DB.)

Alright, a small update this time. I changed the ring layout, and got rid of one of the Toads. Next will come higher ceilings to make it a little more Tails-friendly. By the way, is there any way to "mass-change" the ceiling height? (I'm using SRB2DB.)

Here's the link!

Awesome!

Just one gripe though.... Could you turn those 16 coin-long chains into two chains of 6? That would help alot.

[offtopic]Is there a Wad Master syndrome?[/offtopic]

Great map! But the colors blend into each other, and it hurts my eyes.

That wasn't criticism, I mean it REALLY hurt my eyes to look at it. It's just too Bright and Blurry.

Ok, so, split up the coin chains, and make the ceilings higher. got it.

Kinda offtopic, but I really don't get the point of OpenGL. All it does for me is add a greenish-blue tint to everything, and make the game run really slow. It could just be my video card, though.

In addition to lagging computers with weak video cards, openGL makes everything brighter, blurrier, and more like cardboard.

Simply because I asked a question a couple days ago, and it has not been answered yet, I will repeat it. Is there a way in SRB2DB to change all ceiling heights at once, and not have them all be at the same level? As in, increase (sp?) each ceiling by 100 units, but not set each ceiling to, say, 400.

Whoa. Somehow I ended up double-posting that question...

Oh, and here's a bit of an off-topic question. In a netgame, is there a way to stop SRB2 from automatically setting your name to your username on your computer, and make it set it to something else? In other words, I want SRB2 to automatically set my name to "BriGuy92" and not "Brian".

BriGuy92 said:
In a netgame, is there a way to stop SRB2 from automatically setting your name to your username on your computer, and make it set it to something else?

Put this in your autoexec:

Code:
name "briguy92"

good job with your first map
BriGuy92 said:
Alright, let me tell the strange and interesting tale of this level, which really came from my obsession with game music.

I was just getting into SRB2 editing, and I thought, "I really need to make some kind of level that can use the battle theme from SMRPG." I really didn't know what to do, but then it hit me: a SMRPG-based Match level! I decided to remake the Mushroom Castle in SRB2 format, and the result was this.

After some constructive criticism and a little tweaking, the level was finally ready to release.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

Mushroom Castle!

Don't worry, updated screenies are on the way.

Have fun, and see if you can find all three special rings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back