My Edited character won't load on Single or Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashrogers

I was just editing a character that I had been working on and finished. I go to load it and it doesn't appear as an option as a character choice for Single or Multiplayer! Here's what I have written down:

OBJCTCFG:

CHARACTER 4
PLAYERNAME = FLASH
MENUPOSITION = 40
PICNAME = SUPACHAR
SKINNAME = FLASH
STATUS = 32
PLAYERTEXT = Homing Thok
Flash the Hedgehog was once
a hedgehog like Sonic until through a strange event, he was struck by lightning when using chaos control. This gave him the ultimate power that could rival even that of Supersonic.#

S_SKIN

name = FLASH
face = SBOSHLIF
facename = SUPANAME
ability = 0
normalspeed = 36
thrustfactor = 6
accelstart = 69
acceleration = 46
spin = 1
jumpheight = 100
prefcolor = 7
startcolor = 112
endcolor = 127
runonwater = 1
allowsuper = 1
supercolor = 15
superanims = 0
lightdash = 1
homing = 1
ringslinger = 1
slingitem = 194

PS: I was Using SlumpEd.

Firstly, no. The story seems unrealistic, it's too overpowered, some stats are off the scale and you have both lighdash and homing on. You're either going to have to get the normal speed really low or bad acelerartion and a low jump. To me, it would be too overpowered to even control.

Violo said:
Firstly, no. The story seems unrealistic, it's too overpowered, some stats are off the scale and you have both lighdash and homing on. You're either going to have to get the normal speed really low or bad acelerartion and a low jump. To me, it would be too overpowered to even control.

While I'm sure he appreciates the criticism, that's not what this topic is about.

Flashrogers, it will be much easier for people to troubleshoot this with you if you actually post the wad here in this topic; there might be something wrong with it that the information provided here does not cover.

Thanks for the tip Prime 2.0! Actually I went to try loading the other wad files I downloaded off of the addons page on the main site and they wouldn't load either. This didn't happen before I got SlumpEd and I'm not quite sure what to do. I think something strange has happened and I clearly don't know how to fix it! (I'm also not quite sure how to post my wad! Am I supposed to copy and paste the file or something similar?)

flashrogers said:
Thanks for the tip Prime 2.0! Actually I went to try loading the other wad files I downloaded off of the addons page on the main site and they wouldn't load either. This didn't happen before I got SlumpEd and I'm not quite sure what to do. I think something strange has happened and I clearly don't know how to fix it!
Have you put the files in your SRB2 folder? That may be the problem. SRB2 only loads files within its folder or a subfolder.

I keep all of the SRB2 files in the same folder so that probably isn't the problem (Thanks for the suggestion though!)

Well I can load all of the files now but my custom character is in his falling sprite from a stand still can anyone tell me what is wrong with it? (I know this is a little off topic but I really need the help!)

flashrogers said:
Well I can load all of the files now but my custom character is in his falling position from a stand still can anyone tell me what is wrong with it?
You need the latest XWE that supports lowercase lump names.
Then just change the falling sprites' names from PLAYAx to PLAYax.

OR you have the latest XWE and need to go to View>Options>Entry List>Don't Auto-Capitalize Lump Names

Yeah that is the classic uppercase lump problem. First, make sure you have the latest SLumpED. (http://slumped.mancubus.net/files/slumped_07.zip) Next, make sure you have it set up properly. (http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SLumpEd_Tutorial#Setting_Up_SLumpEd). Now, when you are done with your character, rename the falling and tails pickup frames to have lowercase letters (They should be last ones on this list http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Character_WAD_Tutorial#Frame_List).

SlumpED has this bug in it, that it loads WADs in uppercase, even though you told it to accept lowercase lumps. So, you should do that as the last part, since SlumpED can save files in lowercase.

For this reason, it might just be better if you used XWE with the lowercase lump fix.

Thank you for all your help guys! Little message to Violo: I removed lightdash and the superform (it really isn't needed) Thanks for the critisism! If all goes well, this character may be posted on the addon section of the main site!

Something funny happened again. I put the frames into lowercase (for example: SUPAa1) and now the game won't load with this wad! (I'm still using SLumpEd

I'd personally recommend WXE for dealing with lowercase. It has an option not to enable autocaps (View > Options... > Entry List), so I'd say it's easier to work worth that way.

Just be sure to make a backup of the wad beforehand in case you mess up in XWE, because it automatically saves what it edits.

flashrogers said:
If all goes well, this character may be posted on the addon section of the main site!

The main site is never updated. It would be better to post it here when your done.

I was working on my character when XWE malfunctioned and all of the files and images were replaced with numbers and symbols and the character won't load at all!

flashrogers said:
I was working on my character when XWE malfunctioned and all of the files and images were replaced with numbers and symbols and the character won't load at all!
That's a really annoying error in XWE. I don't know what causes it, but hopefully you kept the backup files it automatically saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back