• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant

I will make my Characters sprites for a WAD. file. But I was wondering if anyone had a good screenshot, or official sprite of the game. I need refrence too perfect the style. I will show the sprite lineart when I'm done.

Razor.png

I think the limit is 128x128. And if you wanna try Hid-Def look at TNG2W's (clicky) character tut.

Hi-Def is buggy in OpenGL.

And if you open tails.plr in XWE (Extendable Wad Editor) you will have an index of all the images for reference.

Not bad. Though you probably should have uploaded that as a different image for historical reasons.

Actually, the limit is much higher then 128x128, though I wouldn't try and push it past 320 x 255... It gets glitchy...

Also note that while your character will be large, the actual collusion field is still 56 pixels tall and 24 pixels wide. (I'm not sure about the width, it's been a while since I've been through that part of the code)

And that is bad and dumb and all that crap but there's not much I can do about it... ... ... :P Okay, technicly there is, since I could fix it for SRB2JTE and pray that Alam ports it into 1.09.1 or something, but that's not the point.

Excellent job spriting, too, it is truely a professional work... Bear in mind, though, you have to make about 180 sprites like this if you want it to be a complete and usable character wad, give or take a couple dosen. Are you prepared to do that many sprites with such detail?

If you allow the player size to be changable, they may not be able to fit in certain areas and/or they could make themselves smaller and harder to hit.

He is mainly tall. So I don't mind about his size as long as I can kick some a** in the game I'm fine. But I still need too think about the air action. I'm just wondering but if I didn't want him too spindash. could I make him stay still and slash or bite?

SSNTails said:
If you allow the player size to be changable, they may not be able to fit in certain areas and/or they could make themselves smaller and harder to hit.
Then make a limit as to how big/small you can get. Like... no taller than 60, no shorter than 48 (or 52?), and so on.

His name is Razor. I'm just wondering but if I didn't want him too spindash. could I make him stay still and slash or bite?

Naw, 32 should be the short height limit, since that's how small you get when you roll anyway. And by SSNTails' argument, we shouldn't be able to change the jumpheight either, as it is quite impossible to get anywhere if it's lower then 90 or so and you don't have a climbing or flying ability. I think the equasion's messed up, jumpheight would appear to be raised to the power of 2 due to the way momz works.

Tyrant, there is sadly no means of adding new abilitys outside of programming them, and we are currently stuck with only Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles' abilitys. I don't suppose you want any of those, do you? You can disable the spindash and you can have no ability whatsoever if you want, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back