• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My cave wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuba11

^Avatar made by VOLT!^
Hello again.

This is my first map which i ever created. It isn't of cource finished, but is about to be finished. I'll be glad if you tell me what you think about it.

Moderator Notice:
editing beta period expired, link removed
(press pobierz to download).

I'll be greatfull if you tell me if it has any bugs.

I also have problem with creating a level header: "Run-time error 339: component cmcs21.ocx or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

My last request is to tell me what do you think about the last waterfall room and tell me how to make a colourmap (I checked in the wiki but i couldn't understand it).

Thanks for replying!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention it's race map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I'll leave the criticism to the others. I'll help you with the colormap. To make one make a control sector on the outside of the thok barrier. Click on one of the lindefs of the control sector and in properties tab give it a linedef action of 606 and in your case a tag of 22. Next click on the sidedefs tag and in the Front Side Upper Texture type this in the box:#40A0FFJ. This will give the water the color it needs. Now give all of your control sectors that have a water effect a tag of 22. Once you are finished your water should have color.

And about the level headers, to find cmcs21.ocx, Google it. Download, then put in C:\WINDOWS\system32.
Simple as that.

I don't think he is missing anything it's probably some error. He might have tried making the level header using the Doom Builder which should have been done with a lump editor instead.

Thanks for replying!

Its look OK, but its some things i din't like.
1. To much scenery.
2. I dont like slime trails. http://img42.imageshack.us/i/srb20000.png/
3. This i not physical possible. http://img259.imageshack.us/i/srb20001.png/
4.I have never seen a shadow like this before. http://img819.imageshack.us/i/srb20003.png/
5.Is that crystals? Make them look a little bit natural. Like the scenery. http://img255.imageshack.us/i/srb20004.png/

Please post on an English file uploading site.

1.I know but i don't want it to look boring:3. I guess you're right.(Not gonna remove this anyway :))
2.I found this before but i didn't know how to fix it (all linedefs have texture).
3.I'll fix that
4.Oh, i was too lazy to remove this, but it makes celling a bit less boring.XD
5.I'll try to find better texture
6.Ok, I will
Thank you very much for detailed review.

Metal Fighter, thanks for guide how to create a colormap.
And about lavel header, Kim's file sloved the problem. Thanks again, Kim.

By the way, is it possible to make these "crystals" respawnable?
And i'll be wery helpful if you tell me what do you think about waterfall room!
I also made the stage darker (175) what do you think?

Last edited:
You are welcome :)

Kuba11, the slime trails are a bit diferent of missing textures.
First, slime trails have nothing common with the slime on Techno Hill or Fume Shaft...
Second, slime trails have the same effect of missing textures.
Third, they happen because you have two adjacent sectors. These sectors are the thok barrier and a sector with a lower floor.
To fix it, you need to put a lower texture on this difference.
I hope it helped you.

I already fixed that by placing the column in other place, but this information certainly will come in handy.

P.S. the map will be extended for a bit

Sorry for double post but I have an important question.
Is it possible to make bustable block translucent?

No, I have just finished everything but decorating and i'm thinking about making a race level pack. And by the way, am i allowed to enter this map into the contest?
P.S. I resigned from extending the map.

Last edited:
You can enter it in the next contest, as sept/oct10 contest is already at "voting", wait for the nov/dec contest. I really look forward to playing this map on it (as long as all the fixes will be made xP).

Glad to hear somebody like it. The map is almost done, will it be okay if i send my other maps here?

You can only submit maps that weren't released before. I don't know how complete the version you linked here is, but if it's more than a third of the real thing, I'd go with no.

Oh well... I can at least try :) I just edited the waterfall room and some other things... We'll see.

Nice map kuba ! and look that! I can FLY !!!!!
srb20007.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back