mugen SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shadowsfollower

i am working with the fighting game engine M.U.G.E.N and thought i would make one for SRB2, i would like some volunteers to help undergo this project.

Jason the Echidna said:
Making a fighting game from SRB2 or making mugen into an SRB2 fighting game?

making mugen into an srb2 righting game

shadowsfollower said:
I don't trust someone who can't spell could get anywhere with that, but go ahead... If you DO get anywhere, more people (like Omega!) will certainly jump on board to help ya.

Jason the Echidna said:
shadowsfollower said:
I don't trust someone who can't spell could get anywhere with that, but go ahead... If you DO get anywhere, more people (like Omega!) will certainly jump on board to help ya.

agreed...

I've worked on Mugen in the past actually. You're working to make a Sonic fighting game? If you check the Mugen Fighter's Guild forum, you should find someone's made a lot of progress with one based on Sonic Battle.

Besides, be careful. Mugen is MUCH MUCH harder than SRB2 to mod. You making wads for SRB2 are hard? You only have to draw 160 frames, and all the programming is done. In Mugen you need around 300 depending on the character, plus you program everything yourself, palettes and enemy reactions included. Expect 3+ months for one character.

lpjunior999 said:
I've worked on Mugen in the past actually. You're working to make a Sonic fighting game? If you check the Mugen Fighter's Guild forum, you should find someone's made a lot of progress with one based on Sonic Battle.

Besides, be careful. Mugen is MUCH MUCH harder than SRB2 to mod. You making wads for SRB2 are hard? You only have to draw 160 frames, and all the programming is done. In Mugen you need around 300 depending on the character, plus you program everything yourself, palettes and enemy reactions included. Expect 3+ months for one character.

the only prob. with my wadding is that the programming isn't done, it still wont work.

Should this even belong in the SRB2 editing? It more belongs in the Off-topic then anything else.

lpjunior999 said:
In Mugen you need around 300 depending on the character, plus you program everything yourself, palettes and enemy reactions included. Expect 3+ months for one character.
That got my attention. I want to play with Mugen now.

You should see what it's like for Visual Basic. You have to program *everythijng*, including but not limited to: alpha transparancy, map grids, cameras, player physics, coolision detection, controls, titles, menus, keyboard handlers, object systems, and sound. Of course, I cheated a little: I used BASS for sound and the BitBlt API function for graphics.

i still can't do the wad thing, it still has that damn error

hotdog003 said:
What error is it? Perhaps I could help... ?

i posted it before, but i can't remember it, i will edit this post when i find it in about 5 seconds...

EDIT:R_installSpriteLump: Bad frame charectors in lump 2516

hotdog003 said:
You should see what it's like for Visual Basic.
I'm not talking about making a game from Scratch...or Grounder
If I wanted to make a game from scratch, I'd use C or C++ and SDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back