MSN WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as i know last night i discovered that theres a virus that is going around msn saying is this the picture you uploaded with imageshack.com as the web address followed by some random web stuff then your hotmail account. This will crash your computer and sends the link to all your contact that are currently online and will resend it every hour as long as your online.

super silvex said:
As far as i know last night i discovered that theres a virus that is going around msn saying is this the picture you uploaded with imageshack.com as the web address followed by some random web stuff then your hotmail account. This will crash your computer and sends the link to all your contact that are currently online and will resend it every hour as long as your online.

I am Ghost_Zero and I approve this message.... *shot*

But really, what he's saying is true. My friend got it and sent me a link like that. I became suspicious, because she's had me blocked and never unblocked me. I asked her at school she never sent it or unblocked me.

So yes, this is a real virus. I almost clicked the link and got the virus, until I remembered that.

This thing was around awhile back as well. It's pretty easy to avoid, but I suppose the fact that I realized the obvious roughly a second too late means other people may have problems.

But yeah, don't ever download anything unless you're sure what it is.

Silver Fox said:
if I get A virus I reformat my drives and reinstall Xp that always kills them
That should be the very last resort to getting rid of a virus =\
Go get an antivirus.

Silver Fox said:
anti virus is for people that don't know the art of reformatting they usaly useless and cost money
Just use avg anti-virus, its free and get rid of this and about 10,000,000 other viruses. The only problem is that it updates every day - . -

Silver Fox said:
I don't have the computer that can take the stress anti virus software puts on it
then your computer must be teh suckage *SHOT*
seriously, ANY computer can stand "the stress" anti virus software puts on it, Unless your computer is messed up in some way. Reformatting is ONLY if you upgraded from 2000 to XP, and you have a FAT32 formatted hard drive. Also, reformatting isn't an art, it's just a stupid thing to do.

Silver Fox said:
anti virus is for people that don't know the art of reformatting they usaly useless and cost money
Actually, reformatting is for people who don't know the art of antivirus.
Giving a computer a run of Antimalware or AVG can get rid of a large amount of your problems. I have needed to reboot, but had I known what I do now, I think I wouldn't.

If the subject were on rootkits, Silver Fox, your argument might have been valid. Those things can be damned tricky to remove if you ever get one. However, you are clearly living in the past. These days there are many anti-virus programs that are free, even for updates. There are also new software choices that can prevent malware before it even reaches your computer. Since anti-virus is very proficient at removing threats, it is entirely unnecessary to reformat.

Oh, and couldn't programs like Norton run on 233mhz machines? Of course, these days there are much more efficient alternatives. Are you running on 640KB RAM by any chance?

I found this virus way before you. But not that way: I was sent the file directly rather than giving me a link. Apparently the dude gave me it in purpose trying to see if I was stupid. He did it twice. I didn't even have the chance to scan the file in both cases: the antivirus directly moved it to quarantine before I could do anything at all x_X

Now, seriously: giving somebody a virus in purpose is LAME.

no i have 348 ram 750mhz I try and squeeze ever bit of performance out of my computer i just hav't run into enoght viruses to justfy lossing some fps

O_O
Well, I used to use AVG Anti-Virus center. Now I use Virgin Media PCguard (NTL Anti-Virus)

Sik said:
I didn't even have the chance to scan the file in both cases: the antivirus directly moved it to quarantine before I could do anything at all x_X

Same here, but I haven't yet found this so-called Virus.
Us in the future said:
COMPLAIN TO MSN! COMPLAIN TO MSN! COMPLAIN TO MSN! COMPLAIN TO MSN!
Wait, Does Windows Live Messenger do the same thing? Is it the same thing? I don't think Microsoft would put a virus in our lovely Live Messenger, would they. Even if they did, I wouldn't think it would be on purpose. I've trusted Microsoft software for a few years now, even when I was 5...
...Windows...Office...Internet Explorer (currently using Firefox)...and lots more. I don't think they would even send a virus. MSN might be fraudulent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back