• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Modern Knuckles (and Modern Tails)

I can already see that this moveset is far too big on far too many buttons, should probably reduce the scale of it if you want a character that's intuitive and fun to play

I can already see that this moveset is far too big on far too many buttons, should probably reduce the scale of it if you want a character that's intuitive and fun to play
since when is a char with less than 3 moves intituive to pla- /j
Post automatically merged:

nobody be complainin on modern sonic's big moveset, he also be using jump,spin and the custom buttons sooo

since when is a char with less than 3 moves intituive to pla- /j

nobody be complainin on modern sonic's big moveset, he also be using jump,spin and the custom buttons sooo
yeah, but these moves sound way too situational to warrant them being included, designing a character with a smaller moveset is just a better way to the insure that each move has more uses and utility and not just being there just because

yeah, but these moves sound way too situational to warrant them being included, designing a character with a smaller moveset is just a better way to the insure that each move has more uses and utility and not just being there just because
Uppercut is for verticality for when you cannot resort to glide, punches are standard combat, you can use dig to noclip through obstacles, and hammer punch for short but not direct combat (ig)

and the rock throw for the same purpose as the hpunch but in ground as it is a proyectile

Uppercut is for verticality for when you cannot resort to glide, punches are standard combat, you can use dig to noclip through obstacles, and hammer punch for short but not direct combat (ig)

and the rock throw for the same purpose as the hpunch but in ground as it is a proyectile
besides that hammer punch can help for fov break when dig is in cooldown (yes, dig and hpunch have cooldown)

besides that hammer punch can help for fov break when dig is in cooldown (yes, dig and hpunch have cooldown)
sorry for too much quoting but i just buffed the rock throw, so it has more travel distance

sorry for too much quoting but i just buffed the rock throw, so it has more travel distance
and also besides fof breaking, as the dig, the hammer punch can hurt and go down quickly, complementing dig when is in cooldown, as also dig can complement hammer punch when is in cooldown

and also besides fof breaking, as the dig, the hammer punch can hurt and go down quickly, complementing dig when is in cooldown, as also dig can complement hammer punch when is in cooldown
and all of mknux's abilities, of course they work for combat

altough i should make hammer punch and dig more different

Last edited:
xmomentum ig
horizonchars
hug support maybe?
not battlemod cuz knuckles seems op as hell
modern knux has bm support bwahahah-
i will not add hug support cuz all buttons are cramped and bc it doesnt fit knuckles, knuckles is literally a tough char
what would be the part on horizon chars support?
yea, xmomentum support may be a good idea

ok so i felt like putting wips of the mod here so yall can test it, you can host with em btw

Attachments

• CL_ModernKnuckles-WIP.pk3
    791.9 KB · Views: 148
  • CL_ModernTails-WIP.pk3
    479 KB · Views: 151
1711956836946.png

btw im working on remaking the sprites.
(THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE)

Last edited:
Rule 12: Do not bump threads pointlessly. Make sure your post adds something to the discussion.
re-

ayo i think i should use player.powers[pw_strong] stuff for attack collisions for both, is this a good idea?

i mean, it makes more logic hitboxes

yea nvm only knux will have these new hitboxes

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back