• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mod--Eggman Robo Blast 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sith, that's not what I was talking about. The examples I was talking about were

Maybe Tails will be better in its original orange color?

and

Also, mixing two themes as Greenflower and Egg Rock ... I want to get to the point where mixing two themes is very complicated.

as opposed to the positive feedback. And I'll do more than just change the sprites, okay? Will that finally make you guys happy? I'll also consider the... what's the right word... constructive criticism-like statements left by the other members. However, IE is right. This isn't something to squabble about.

742mph said:
And thanks, IE, for being the only one here who's actually giving out constructive criticism. I'll take your suggestions into account.

Ummmmmm...

Me said:
All I have to say criticism wise is that the fact that the butt of Robotnik's Eggmobile is taking up half the screen, which would make it hard to see where you're even going.

Mystic said:
Well the main problem is that what you have so far is just extremely ugly. Greenflower Zone has a natural theme, which just doesn't work with technological textures. If you want this to look in any way good you'd need to do something along the lines of the mixed textures in Techno Hill with the pipes sticking out of the rock, and even then that probably wouldn't look great (as it doesn't look particularly good in THZ1, to be blunt). Your idea (play as Eggman in a destroyed bad future) isn't bad but the execution here is just atrocious. Anyone can use find and replace to change how something looks.

Sith12345 said:
Maybe soc the bosses into Sonic and friends?
looks like no gameplay has been changed, so I would work on that sort of thing.

Wut?

Looks to me like you're being a bit, no offense, I'm not saying this to be hating, of a Drama Queen. I mean really, it seems to me that the only reason you're upset is because we don't like it. Well, there's a good reason. There is so little creativity put into this...
The wonderful thing about stuff like SRB2 is that it is so open to modding, and editing, that it allows one to release their creativity in a way that's hard to find anywhere else. I know you have a lot of creativity powers, it's part of being human. So my suggestion is, take these powers, and put them into action! Take an idea you've had, whether it's just a made up world, or something from a dream, and make it into something real! Take for example Tyler52's Angel Pantheon. He had neat ideas, so he picked up SRB2 Doom Builder, and put them into action! And look at the thread, everyone recognizes the love he put into it, and can appreciate it. It's even his first level, but he was creative and open minded, and it shows. Take an example from him, and unleash your creative power to make something truly yours!

Yes, for me, the personal creation is above all-knowing many levels of video games in mind, watch their compositions and trying to "emulate" the style. If you get to create your own levels without repeating the same steps as the existing ones, it's a leap.
Do not be afraid if the first few levels are not as nicer as the works of SRB2. I will publish as soon as possible a mini-mod that contains a dozen levels that include ALL my early levels. You be able to look and you'll see that I did very bad levels.
After, it's the experience. The level design is not simple...at all.

Ummmmmm...

Wut?

Looks to me like you're being a bit, no offense, I'm not saying this to be hating, of a Drama Queen. I mean really, it seems to me that the only reason you're upset is because we don't like it. Well, there's a good reason. There is so little creativity put into this...
The wonderful thing about stuff like SRB2 is that it is so open to modding, and editing, that it allows one to release their creativity in a way that's hard to find anywhere else. I know you have a lot of creativity powers, it's part of being human. So my suggestion is, take these powers, and put them into action! Take an idea you've had, whether it's just a made up world, or something from a dream, and make it into something real! Take for example Tyler52's Angel Pantheon. He had neat ideas, so he picked up SRB2 Doom Builder, and put them into action! And look at the thread, everyone recognizes the love he put into it, and can appreciate it. It's even his first level, but he was creative and open minded, and it shows. Take an example from him, and unleash your creative power to make something truly yours!

I wasn't unhappy because you don't like it, I was unhappy because so few improvement suggestions were being made. However, I'm working on improving the WAD and making it more original than the... original... as I type this.

I guess the standards of constructive criticism on this board are different than what I've experienced before, then.
I don't see why. How do you constructively criticize someone who is setting up an elaborate rig designed to shoot a shotgun directly into their own foot? I mean, sure, you can say positive things about the rigging he's set up and the build quality of his machine, but at the end of the day shooting yourself in the foot with a shotgun is an incredibly bad idea, and any criticism of his plans kinda HAS to take that into account. You can't make improvement suggestions to a terrible idea.

Your "mod" is essentially a glorified level recolor made with absolutely no real work. All you're doing is taking the find/replace tool and making the stages of SRB2 dramatically uglier. That's not a mod. If you posted the completed version of this to submissions it would not be accepted, as it has no redeeming value. I could reproduce the screenshots you posted in less than half an hour, and considering I created the second quest in Mystic Realm (which I will note was an incredibly bad idea and it DID include gameplay changes), I'd say I'm quite versed in how to use the find/replace tool so I know exactly how much "effort" was involved in your work.

Regardless you've shown quite clearly that you don't care about the universally negative criticism your lack of work has received, so I'm just going to lock this as something that has no hope of getting through submissions. If you'd like to try again with actual work, such as SOCs, significant level modifications, or original texture work, you're free to do so, but don't post recolors on the SRB2MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back