Mobile modding master thread

This looks interesting enough to me,if someone saws me posting my mod (which may come,however im not smart enough to do it now) on MB,you will know why.

People ask "how do I make x on mobile" pretty consistently. There are no official tools or tutorials for doing so, and do not expect us to make any. However, you are free to discuss the subject here. Maybe we can compile all useful info about mobile modding here.

To my knowledge, it's possible to make Lua scripts, audio, and graphics on mobile, and you can use mobile apps to assemble them into a PK3, but there are no mapping tools for mobile that work with SRB2.

Inb4 "but Exagear/similar app exists" -- I'm pretty sure that has spotty compatibility, plus I'm fairly confident the vast majority of people whose only option is a mobile device will not have one powerful enough to run SLADE or Zone Builder at a reasonable speed, if at all.
full on guide, i think

THINGS YOU NEED (if ur making a mod with graphics)
1. - ExaGear (any version works, probably)
2. - SlumpEd (For sprite editing, this sadly doesnr work on exageae D: )
3. - SLADE (windows xp version) (for anything else as is proven to be better even on a phone)
4. - Pixel Studio (for custom sprites)
5. - Acode (my preferred code editor)

REMEMBER THIS!!! If your mod doesnt have any graphics, you can add it to a folder (organized like a pk3), zip it up, and rename the extension from .zip to .pk3! it should work perfectly fine!

if you opened exagear, everything may look a little weird, get out, go tp your container settings, change your resolution to anything higher than 640xWhatever

you can also choose controls! if is available for you, i recommend using the touchpad mode. located at the bottom of the list

go down and disable the hide settings, those dont apply ur controls if you open explorer.

you will need a iwad. whats that? srb2.pk3 doesnt load on SlumpEd? dont worry, this isnt a bug but you cant load pk3s onto SlumpEd. take my wad file i made instead! (see attachments)

you COULD make the mod all on slumped, but thats kinda weird. use slade instead!

slade crashes after loading a little bit of it? this is probably cause ur low end. you have to try to exit the popup and start menu tab a soon as you can, when you see the update popup, that means you passed the crash! be sure to disable the start menu and check for updates in Edit/Preferences

added any graphics? head over to slumped and open your mod, choose your graphic, right click, and press Choose as Doom Gfx.

.wad or .pk3 is up to you, but please refer to the wiki on formatting. i am not gonna go over everything with modding.

Attachments

• pallette.wad
    10.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
for any iphone users, LuaIDE is where i code lua.

full on guide, i think

THINGS YOU NEED (if ur making a mod with graphics)
1. - ExaGear (any version works, probably)
2. - SlumpEd (For sprite editing, this sadly doesnr work on exageae D: )
3. - SLADE (windows xp version) (for anything else as is proven to be better even on a phone)
4. - Pixel Studio (for custom sprites)
5. - Acode (my preferred code editor)

REMEMBER THIS!!! If your mod doesnt have any graphics, you can add it to a folder (organized like a pk3), zip it up, and rename the extension from .zip to .pk3! it should work perfectly fine!

if you opened exagear, everything may look a little weird, get out, go tp your container settings, change your resolution to anything higher than 640xWhatever

you can also choose controls! if is available for you, i recommend using the touchpad mode. located at the bottom of the list

go down and disable the hide settings, those dont apply ur controls if you open explorer.

you will need a iwad. whats that? srb2.pk3 doesnt load on SlumpEd? dont worry, this isnt a bug but you cant load pk3s onto SlumpEd. take my wad file i made instead! (see attachments)

you COULD make the mod all on slumped, but thats kinda weird. use slade instead!

slade crashes after loading a little bit of it? this is probably cause ur low end. you have to try to exit the popup and start menu tab a soon as you can, when you see the update popup, that means you passed the crash! be sure to disable the start menu and check for updates in Edit/Preferences

added any graphics? head over to slumped and open your mod, choose your graphic, right click, and press Choose as Doom Gfx.

.wad or .pk3 is up to you, but please refer to the wiki on formatting. i am not gonna go over everything with modding.
I installed Exagear but everytime i open it says "Exagear image could not be found", what i do now?

Download a obbvfile an extract it and put it the obb folder of exagear
Get it from a tutorial

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back