Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish they'd fix Endermen so they work in multiplayer.

Maybe I can Bukkit plugin it.

I do wish they'd fix Endermen so they work in multiplayer.

Maybe I can Bukkit plugin it.
Speaking of Bukkit, Cue, why isn't LoadingChunks updated yet?

309550_10150326846389713_633369712_8269760_419153400_n.jpg

Speaking of Bukkit, Cue, why isn't LoadingChunks updated yet?

1.9-pre is out, we're not even considering a full update with plugins and such till 1.9, since we'll have to regenerate everything and such anyways.

Double Post
So 1.9 Prerelease 3 came out today.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/257-19-pre-release-3-is-ready-to-test/
Here's all the info you need.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...al-report-on-new-features-part-3-is-released/

What I'm most hyped for is the new Sky Dimension/Aether/Air dimension.
qjk8p.png

(No they don't link to the Air dimension yet, though there is an "Air Biome" that can be found in the normal world for now which is most likely Notch testing how the Air dimension's terrain will be generated.)
ubg6q.png

You apparently find them in dungeons and fix them with the new Ender Eyes.

Also, potion time.
VyEYU.gif

105qfrm.png

Sadly, it's done with brewing stands and cauldron's are being replaced. Though, for good reason.

Why is Minecraft so popular?

If you were to ask me this question a month ago, I would have answered in the following way: Because there are idiots who just like to play with blocks (sorry everyone). Until I have tried Minecraft I didn't have any clue what it is really about. Sure the graphics are low res. Accept the style (mod the textures is the most I can say).
For those who are keeping distance from Minecraft, if you like to create things, this game is for you. You create things out of resources you find in the world generated around you, and if you are playing survival mode, you try to survive as if you are a human being lost in the woods or any other biome. The game is still unfinished, so the game will just get better as it did in 1.9 Prerelease 3 (stated in the previous post).

So yeah, as Iceman said, 1.9 prerelease 3. Babies with huge heads, potions and crystals. Though what's with the huge glass pillars leading into strongholds? I keep spawning quite near them... or is that just being lucky?

So yeah, as Iceman said, 1.9 prerelease 3. Babies with huge heads, potions and crystals. Though what's with the huge glass pillars leading into strongholds? I keep spawning quite near them... or is that just being lucky?
Jeb accidentally left them in the terrain generator, they're debug objects used to locate and test strongholds. They will be removed in the real 1.9.

Two popped up next to me in the map I'm using to recreate No Mercy 1 from Left 4 Dead in.

So Notch released this picture...

EDIT: So yeah, it's confirmed, not just a picture.
The Word of Notch

The adventure update is going great! We’re adding features and cramming in content, and then started feature creeping and content creeping. What we’ve got on our hands now is somewhere in between a finished Adventure Mode update and a version of the game we’d be proud to call just “Minecraft”. Not “Minecraft Beta” or “Minecraft Alpha”, but just plain and simple “Minecraft”.
And we’re going to release that version of the game live on stage in Vegas at MineCon! Woooo!
Up until then, instead of trying to squeeze in another real release, we’re going to do weekly (or so) pre releases, aimed at advanced players. We release these via twitter, so make sure to follow me (@notch) and Jens (@jeb_) if you’re interested in those.
Also, we’re finally adding a dragon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back