Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
only thing I noticed was how fast aggressive mobs moved during the night, but I doubt that's an actual problem.

@_@'

It is.... weird and explainable: The server was set on peaceful.

Switching difficulties levels doesn't disable hostile mobs. They will spawn no matter difficulty level the server is on. If on peaceful, hostile mobs are removed in the next tic. This is more noticeable on multiplayer because there's a longer delay between the spawn and the removal.

EDIT: I asked because I was afraid that my server could be a bit laggy. :S

Last edited:
jFUI9.jpg

(Sapphire Town Memorial)

It's not every day you see a screenshot taken from the next world.

------------

While the server isn't back up already, may I come up with an idea?

I was reading the "porting details" document. I noticed someone wanted us to import their "Sonic's shoes" into the next world. Well, I could host a creative server, and, if some of you guys want, you can work on the Sonic statue until the server is back up.

:3

Last edited:
...Anyway, time to post some actual content rather than just teases from Ezer about the new world ;)

New snapshot! The Mojangstas are back from PAX. They have also given the 1.4 update a name, since it adds a bunch of decorative stuff, and will be released near Halloween, it is called...
The Pretty Scary Update.
You smiled just there, didn't you?

Anyway, new stuff:
-Some mobs can rarely drop their skulls, which can be placed like signs (they face you), or equipped on your head! Ever wanted a Creeper face without changing your skin? Now you can do that!
-If you use a Skeleton spawn egg in the Nether, it sometimes will spawn a Wither Skeleton based on the new boss. It attacks melee and will inflict the Wither status, just like his boss counterpart. If you get 3 of their rare skulls, you can use them with a bit of Soulsand to spawn the Wither legit without world editing tools!
-Beacon blocks now are actually called Beacon rather than "Work In Progress" and have a new texture, and actually kind of remind me of how Ender Crystals look... sorta.
-Carrots on sticks! Ride a pig while having one of those in hand, and the pig will slowly speed up. Takes them some time to accelerate though.

The book pedestals who'se screenshot has been going around isn't in this snapshot though, I knew you want one for your City of Forever Charyb :P

I actually got to mess around with some friends on the snapshot. Personally we can't wait for 1.4, it's gonna be pretty scary! ehuehhueheuheuh
EDIT: Totally forgot about another thing, if you kill the Wither, he will drop the Nether Star, which can be used to craft the Beacon blocks! Also, when the Wither spawns he sort of acts... wierd. I think it's because I spawned him on the Overworld, but when I did he sort of flashed for a few seconds, and regenerated health (he spawned on 50% for some reason).
Also another Wither related thing which actually was in the last snapshot that I forgot to mention- Once the Wither gets down to 50% health, it gets an Aura effect that makes it immune to arrows! Ohno! This boss is MUCH better than the Ender Dragon :P

Last edited:
The controllable pig thing sounds like a great opportunity for some minecraft-style kart racing. Think of how cute that would be!

The book pedestals

kuncles.png

kuncles

Also Ezer... eh, we'll need to talk elsewhere about that monument.

Oh, and in before there is a pig kart mod that adds item boxes and checkpoints and speed pads~

Last edited:
Is the Story of Sapphire still near the monument? I loved that!... Is there a new one planned, with editable books? :O
Minepig Kartcraft would work if there was a way for dispeners to give the item entity of splash potions, so then you would step on a pressure plate and it would give you it... but rather it would just spit it out on you, so maybe Minepig Kartcraft would work better if rather than getting items, you avoid traps? That's the only thing I can see being used with that.
Well.. I guess you could just give players stage 1 or 2 potions to power them up, like speed for well speed and Strenght in order to punch other players while riding... Also, something I didn't mention, pigs drop the saddle they have equipped when killed, so you can recycle it (and thanks to riding getting the achievement When Pigs Fly isn't a pain in the arse). Also carrots and potatoes can be found in some natural structure's chests (villages and such) and the notes also say you can find some growing in jungles.

Last edited:
A few notes about the Sapphire monument story:

- I actually hadn't finished it yet, I was planning on getting it done but...

-There's another story Scizor300 and Chaos Knux made about the original Sapphire Town, explaining how we got to the world that was eventually infested with snow.

- The story I wrote wasn't written anywhere else! I don't remember how I wrote it exactly, but if someone has a screenshot of it or remembers it, or if by some miracle it's still there in the old world and someone can still read it. That would be great.

-There's another story Scizor300 and Chaos Knux made about the original Sapphire Town, explaining how we got to the world that was eventually infested with snow

I don't believe I was one of the people who wrote it. I believe CoatRack wrote it.

I don't believe I was one of the people who wrote it. I believe CoatRack wrote it.
For those who haven't seen the written story yet: http://i.imgur.com/DF0U1.png

The whole thing, including the unfinished Chapter II, was ported. But I don't know if there'll be enough room for a sequel. :P

Also Ezer... eh, we'll need to talk elsewhere about that monument.
Considering the fact you've been setting your server up nearly my bedtime...o well. Gonna be hard to catch you.

Today is holiday. You could've made something in my idle time. :<

--------

Behold, the VERY FIRST PUBLIC ISOMAP of the next world, to show how awesome it's been coming along.

SRB2MC4_20120907.png

What would make me spoil the fun? /badjoke

Seeya

Last edited:
Hahahaha

Also, my server is up 24/7 now, as long as all goes smoothly, Ezer.

I was referring to the build server. And sadly, you can't come here. :>

Just a small though, but if you plan on doing the "Sapphire Town" Story again, why not write it in a book? I mean, we CAN write stuff now. :v

Dammit Ezer, stop teasing us :C

I really wish I could've gone on the server. Lost Charyb's IP when I had to reinstall Minecraft (if that's still the IP), deeerp.

Last edited:
Just a small though, but if you plan on doing the "Sapphire Town" Story again, why not write it in a book? I mean, we CAN write stuff now. :v

I freaking LOVE that feature.

It's too bad that I can only write a few sentences a page, though.

Well, there was a slight miscarriage in that case, if you'll excuse us. As we were driving the house over to the new world, on our flatbed, we sort of hit a gully that was too skinny for your house to fit through. As such... only one half of your house is left, and the other half is in pieces back in the beginning of the gully. Hope you didn't want that half...

2012-09-08_04.32.26.png

That watermelon is a solid block of 16x16x16. The map also needs more Slime-B-Gone. aaaa
If you can't tell I'm slowly running out of idea to do in my creative singleplayer map while waiting. :<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back