Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should probably change "Shadow Hog's farm" to "Splendid Valley", honestly, considering KOTE lives there too. (I think that's the valley's name? If not, I'm sure we can brainstorm another.)

The lack of villages makes me sad. =<
Wait a sec, I could've sworn that some villages should've spawned within the map boundaries, when I checked the seed in Amidst... What's the radius? 1280 or something?

You should probably change "Shadow Hog's farm" to "Splendid Valley", honestly, considering KOTE lives there too. (I think that's the valley's name? If not, I'm sure we can brainstorm another.)

Ayep, that's the valley's name. Though, I did name it myself. But if there is any reason anyone really doesn't want name we can change it...

I joined the server yesterday, looked around, walked off a few cliffs - Nothing out of the ordinary. It's a nice place that's for sure, but prehaps a bit TOO much Jungle?

I do believe your mob problem is related to passive mobs not de-spawning.
..... I doubt the passive mobs are the actual problem.

Minecraft has three "caps" for mob spawning, a cap for each mob category: Hostile (creepers, zombies), Passive (chickens, cows) and Water mobs (squids). Once a mob category has reached its cap, no more mobs of that category will spawn until the "current" mobs on the world cease to exist.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mob_spawning#Mob_Spawning
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mob_spawning#Despawning

You should probably change "Shadow Hog's farm" to "Splendid Valley"
Way better. Changed.

EDIT:

Xanthous is in good mood today.

PRl9s.png

EDIT2:

Wait a sec, I could've sworn that some villages should've spawned within the map boundaries, when I checked the seed in Amidst... What's the radius? 1280 or something?
It's between 1700 and 1710. This also means I have to fix my isomap.

BTW, was "Generate Structures" on when the map was created?

Last edited:
How else did people get lots of nether brick and put them in Serenderpity's chests?
i know thats not how you spell that

If generate structures wasn't on, we wouldn't have dungeons, Strongholds, or Nether Fortresses. All of which we have. Why do you ask? Having trouble finding something?

..... I doubt the passive mobs are the actual problem.

Minecraft has three "caps" for mob spawning, a cap for each mob category: Hostile (creepers, zombies), Passive (chickens, cows) and Water mobs (squids). Once a mob category has reached its cap, no more mobs of that category will spawn until the "current" mobs on the world cease to exist.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mob_spawning#Mob_Spawning
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mob_spawning#Despawning
Given this, I'm under the impression that we'll need something to turn on/off the zombie grinder; probably nothing more than a redstone wire to a lantern nearby the spawner, really. Otherwise, we're leaving behind a ton of zombies working their way through the little path, because there's no way to stop them.

Last edited:
Actually, I've just talked in-game to Cyborger about the subject. From what he told me, the distance renderer for players on this server is set to 5. And it is said that if that is below 10, mob spawning errors do occour. And it's on FIVE.
Cyborger also told me he discussed this with Fury, and Fury's respond was that the server can't handle anything more than five- it will crash elseway. So do you guys prefer a stable server with no mobs or a server that crashes quite often with mobs?

Maybe the answer is take the map off Fury's server, find someone who has enough power to run a stable one WITH the 10 renderer, and put it on there.

Maybe the answer is take the map off Fury's server, find someone who has enough power to run a stable one WITH the 10 renderer, and put it on there.

Good luck. People capable of hosting 24/7 servers are far and few between.

New isomap is out! Larger and better.

VPHbz.jpg
(EDIT: the map limit radius is now 1,702 meters)

Now, some randomness:

Trying to have a philosophic conversation about "being lost in MC"
q7ZzL.png

Playing with fire, and still not getting hurt
vptqt.png

After some talk with Chrome, we reached the conclusion that Xanthous is Bob Marley in disguise
p9ZDy.png

Last edited:
The seven cascades? I suppose that's the new name of the area near Xanthous's temple eh?

jNxyt.png

I gave the place the name, by myself. Mind you? :3

-----

Some progress on Xanthous' Tower:

We've got a fancy kitchen
1ju3g.png

qbDlI.png

JZITA.png

And two washrooms:
iEUVk.png

YyLGK.png

Oopss...

(the kitchen and the washrooms were designed by Bloodshoot)

3rd and 4th floor in the making. But we're having some problems with clouds:
aWQbl.png

LrNSZ.png

7akSc.png

For those of you who, for whatever reason, cannot find their way through my Netherwork, I made a map :P

netherworkmap2.png

Legend:
1 - Cyborger1's Netherwart Farm / Home portal
2 - Xp Zombie Farm
3 - Buckhorn Ranch
4 - Serpendipity (Currently Offline)
5 - Sp47's Ocean Home
6 - Iceville
7 - Chaos Knux's Molehouse
8 - (The Infamous) Xanthous Tower
9 - Splendid Valley
10 - Chaos Isle
11 - Znip Valley
12 - Xp Skellie Farm (Recently Added)

:)

3rd and 4th floor in the making. But we're having some problems with clouds.

Maybe the library holds many dangerous secrets and that's why it has strange fog running through it?

While I agree with the problem, I'm on the fence as to whether or not we should move the library up a floor, since I've already finished the 4th floor outer edge, and Bloodshot has connected his Floating Island (Airship) to the tower.

On a side note:
An Iron Golem was recently made to help out tower construction, but he, like all of us, could not resist the outside world of adventure.

2012-04-22_22.45.38.png

We tried to convince him to come back, even gave him a minecart to ride in up to the Tower entrance, but he refused.

In the end, we all said our good-byes, and he ventured off into the unknown.
2012-04-22_22.54.15.png

Perhaps we will see him again someday....

Guh, I need to play with you guys more. I've been playing PvP on a different server with a few people, but it looks like you are all having a lot more fun. :D

2012-04-25_18.14.49.png

Red: Stronghold Island

Blue: Xanthous Tower

A nether portal has also been created for easy access to the final room, we have three ender pearls already added to the portal, Metalrawr has eight more, and Charybizs has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back