• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

MIDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurai_Madman

Ich bin der Verrucktmann
I need some assistance in choosing music for a WAD I am working on. It will mostly be MIDI, with a few MP3s.

MIDI

Please listen to them all, and give me a few ideas. Constructive criticism would be nice, as well.

Honestly, I highly encourage the usage of MIDI files in custom WADs, because they seriously make the file a LOT smaller. Hell, Mystic Realm would have used MIDI until AJ made OGGs and put them into music.dta.

I haven't seen any "unconstrutive criticism" aside from GCfreak's but he's just stating a point.
As for the Midi vs. (Any thing else) I use ogg usually but midi saves alot of space let me give you this little bit of information, "Don't " use mp3 or wav (too big). If I were you I'd go with what Mystic says because he obviously know very well what he's talking about.

Actually Mystic, in my opinion, module music is a much better alternative. It sounds similar to streaming music and it sounds the same on all computers, plus it takes up less space.

Was module support finally added? I heard many times that people wanted to add it, but I don't think I was ever told it _was_ added.

All I know is that SRB2JTE can play .it files (see Halloween mode). Either that means that SRB2 can support modules or that code can be ported to it from JTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back