• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

metal mountain beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty

I'm now working on another wad. It will be a match wad (although i can't get my script working). here is the download link :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mgd8hj

I might post some screenshots later.

If you have questions or comments, please post them.

have fun! :mrgreen:

Oh, and i have secretly hidden the chaos emeralds :)

About the wad....

Mighty, has this wad been worked on since the last time I saw it? Anything new? Anything removed? Also, I have a feeling that many people are gonna hate the fact that you hid the Chaos Emeralds. I don't mind that you did, but many won't like it and say that it will give some players an unfair advantage.

Ok, I dislike this wad!

Here are some reasons:
- Broken sectorborders! There are a lot of them and as the result there are many grafic bugs!
- No thockbarrier! This can create grafic bugs, too, and makes it possible to thock threw the wall and outside the level at some places!
- Design! Only a few textures were used and many things are just placed somewhere randomly without any reason. On the other hand there are places with much space but absolutely nothing inside. In the end the level is a big room with blocks in the middle, surrounded by water.
- Senseless stuff!
--> rings and ringmonitors placed illogical
--> chaos-emeralds within a match map ???
--> all chaos-emeralds placed at one point
--> even if this is supposed to be a match map its maptype is sp
--> there are object placed OUTSIDE the map
--> only one player startpoint

Good things you did:
- use of controlsectors
- trying to build something on your own
- trying to put in secrets

This should just be constructive critisism. There has to be improvement and it could turn into a good map. Just put a little more work into it! :wink:

This is pretty cool, except the fact of the lava pits....

current projects: shoadampioails wad

Whoah, Sendspace is improving their site design.

Dude! This map's unclosed sectors are downright near impossible to fix.

also it's not letting me download because it says you're daily limit is up when i havent used it in 3 weeks :?

ok... I know it's pretty bad, but just to remind you...

IT'S SUPER BETA!

I have alot to work on, and the lava pits and other er... stupid areas are only my own sugestions.

I have also added a cool secret for even more rings. :mrgreen:

and for the people who downloaded it from my server, re-download it.
(it has some new stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back