megaman battle network

Status
Not open for further replies.

protojo

seeming as someone started a pokemon thread, i thought i'd make a mmbn thread (waaay better). so if your a fan post here.

I played all of them. 1, 2, 3 Blue, 4 Blue Moon, 5 Team Colonel, and 6 Cybeast Gregar.

On emulator, anyway.

But really, my most favorite of the series is BN6. It's just solid all-around - music, plot, mechanics, et al. I liked the change from the darkness-oriented storylines of BN4 and 5. BN4 is my least favorite. It's just bad.
The main reason I followed the BN series was for the story. I really quite like the BN universe. Also, the endings to most of the games really pierced me. I love that.

i've beat em all on emu too (except where there are 2 versions, but i beat bn 6 on both cus it rocks). I say bn 6 is the best and bn 4 sucks too. in bn 6 the graphics look the best, the battles are the best with souls and beast out, but i'd say it was one of the easiest (i wouldn't say thats a bad thing). the noly annoying thing is the danger music playing all the time in the real world once complete :evil:.

Omg, I love MMBN. I've beaten MMBN 5: Team Protoman. I've gotten all of the them for emulator also. I'm trying to beat all of them. :D

6 wins so much, especially the 3 bass fights, x.x, well...at least you don't have to search for them XP

in shot, my favorites are:

BN3
BN5
BN6

in order my faves are:
bn6
bn2
bn5
bn3
bn1/4 i don't remember 1 that much

on to something else who's your fave character. battle network fans post here.
My answer? Protoman... hence protojo

protojo said:
in order my faves are:
bn6
bn2
bn5
bn3
bn1/4 i don't remember 1 that much

on to something else who's your fave character. battle network fans post here.
My answer? Protoman... hence protojo

mine is megaman (of course)

my favorite battle network was part 2. I bet part 1 and 2 and i tried battlenetwork 3 but never finished, and the other games i never tried

imagine if they make a zero vers for battle network *shot

i was also wondering since your a huge megaman fan, protojo, what happened to the oringinal megaman? not X or BN

did the series finished? idk.....
but im a huge fan of the X series...
(even though i dont own a X series game)
but i have command mission which is a rpg though....

i think the originals died out, but there have been some newer x games. i like them somewhat but i'm not a huge fan. they're too hard for me (which leeds to cheating :twisted:)

zero version of bn, zero in bn would be cool. he could have a powered down z-sabre as a charge. they have a z-sabre chip in 1 of the game, but that's about it with zero

RgxSuperSonic said:
i was also wondering since your a huge megaman fan, protojo, what happened to the oringinal megaman? not X or BN

did the series finished? idk.....
but im a huge fan of the X series...
(even though i dont own a X series game)
but i have command mission which is a rpg though....

I'll break them all down, even though you only asked about the original.

Original - Last game that came out was Mega Man & Bass, which is basically 8.5. The series hasn't ended, but X acts as a century later continuation of this series.
X - Last game was 8. Series hasn't ended. Zero is a century later continuation of this.
Zero - Last game was 4. Series HAS ended. ZX is a continuation, but the time between the two series is unknown. I doubt it'll be more than a century or two though, since something that happens in Zero 4's ending comes into play as a usable item in ZX 1.
ZX - Game #1 doesn't come out until September 12 of this year, so there's not much I can say on the subject. Legends is a continuation, but Legends likely takes place millenia later instead of just centuries.
Legends - Last game was Misadventures of Tron Bonne, a spinoff of 2. Series hasn't ended.
Battle Network - Last game was 6. Series HAS ended. Complete spin-off, so none of the other series are continuations or even related.

Actually, Battle Network Rockman.EXE has finished, but its universe has not. A sequel to it (just as how X was the sequel to the original Rockman) is coming up, called Ryuusei no Rockman, which takes place centuries after the EXE storyline. It uses some elements from Battle Network but is otherwise an entirely new series. So no, EXE isn't a stand-alone despite being apart from the main storyline.

The EXE series is the primary reason I am a fan of Rockman, basically. I don't really care much for the sidescrollers. I've played and beaten the first four, though because I had been on a Battle Network marathon (playing games one to 4 straight without stopping), I got bored and stopped somewhere in the beginning of the 5th, Team of Blues. They're fun, though.

next up, glitches, glitches. submit your faves. mine's the 11th chip glitch in bn3 (i only just found out today :mrgreen:). they can be game glitches or ingame (like the hp glitch).
EDIT: say your fave navi's too cus i only got one submission before it went a bit off topic.

Jake said:
Actually, Battle Network Rockman.EXE has finished, but its universe has not. A sequel to it (just as how X was the sequel to the original Rockman) is coming up, called Ryuusei no Rockman, which takes place centuries after the EXE storyline. It uses some elements from Battle Network but is otherwise an entirely new series. So no, EXE isn't a stand-alone despite being apart from the main storyline.

The EXE series is the primary reason I am a fan of Rockman, basically. I don't really care much for the sidescrollers. I've played and beaten the first four, though because I had been on a Battle Network marathon (playing games one to 4 straight without stopping), I got bored and stopped somewhere in the beginning of the 5th, Team of Blues. They're fun, though.

I was working under the assumption that there wasn't a continuation because I hadnt heard of one. Thanks for the info.

But my statement that BN as a series has ended is still correct. I didn't say the universe had ended.

protojo, you are an aweful n00b to make such pointless posts as 'fans post here' when they are already doing so regardless of your actions.

To refresh your memory, MMBN1 was excessively slow compared to the later games. It also had the 'danger' music constantly play in the real world when complete. The (normal) final boss's HP was 1000, which seems like nothing after MMBN2. Bass has gotten more and more torn after every game, originally having a perfect cloak.

I haven't played through MMBN6 yet, though I've been through every other game. Even 4.5 and Double Team DS. (Despite having already pwnt MMBN5...)
  1. Favorite games:
  2. MMBN5
  3. MMBN3
  4. MMBN2
  1. Favorite navis:
  2. MMBN2 Protoman
    (Why must he get weaker every game to the point where he's MMBN5's first boss? :cry:)
  3. MMBN2 KingMan
    (Again, in MMBN5 he became excessively weak so he could be a player character.)
  4. MMBN4 TopMan
    (Spin! Spin!! Faster! *Song of Storms*... If only he weren't so old...)
  5. MMBN4 Heel Navi
    (Even though he's nearly as weak as a high level virus and has an incomplete set of sprites, you gotta admit this dude has potential to rock.)
  6. MMBN BCC Norml Navi
    (Even though their nearly as weak as a high level virus and have an incomplete set of sprites, I find it awefully wonderful that these fellows have battle sprites to begin with. That's, like, the only good thing about crappy spinoffs, after all. In Project Net Navi, you start out with your choice of one of these until you get a 'real' Navi.)
If there's anything I don't like about the series, it's that with each new game there are added systems which depreciate existing ones. The Program Advance system is all but useless now and the Navi Cust seemed to be going that way too until 5. Even the soul system is depreciated now that you can just turn into a beast and stay that way the entire match, though you can still combine that form with a soul if you really want to, right?

Oh... And all the spelling errors after MMBN2. They were really rushing translation, I guess. For the record, the "Z-Saber" isn't even in MMBN5 due to a spelling error; The "Z-Saver" is. What really kills me, though, is that they ported MMBN5 to the DS, combining the games, adding to them, etc... And yet every typo, bad translation, etc. still exists.

My good old Project Net Navi still lives on through Kid Radd, though my original ideas and extentions have been mostly done by Capcom already now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back