• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

MD2 using Blender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaid

is stealing all your base.
I'm currently in the middle of making some Sonic Heroes style MD2. Can Blender be used?

Glider_Blender.png

Glider_XSRB2.png

mmmm... Yes?

But, I don't know if MD2 supports Blender animations. :-/

Last edited:
Blender works with MD3s (including animations), so I would think exporting to MD2 would be fine as well.

Speaking of Blender, can you use "toon edges" or do you have to do it some other way? (MD2s)

There's some kind of trick to fake toon edges with standard rendering by doing something to the model. InstantSonic knows, if you can find him.

It's just about wrapping the entire model in a shell made out of inward-facing polygons. Since only the front face of a polygon is rendered, the only part of the shell that is visible is the part that's behind the model, resulting in a neat, consistent outline.

It's just about wrapping the entire model in a shell made out of inward-facing polygons. Since only the front face of a polygon is rendered, the only part of the shell that is visible is the part that's behind the model, resulting in a neat, consistent outline.
An example of that sort of thing is Sonic Shuffle, or FusionFall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back