MD2 Models on OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my first post ^^

Anyway I downloaded the MD2 models for Modern Sonic, but when I went to try the commands in the console it said that the command didn't exist. After looking in to the topic some more, I found that I needed the OpenGL version of the game and was redirected to the Net launcher every time, which is a Windows .exe. Wine won't run it :P I am on Mac OSX. How do I use the OpenGL version of SRB2 for the Mac? Thanks in advance ^^

-MarioMover

I'm not sure for Mac, but for Windows, you do it by running "../srb2win" -opengl instead of just "../srb2win". So if you can find some way to use "command-line parameters" when launching the game, just add "-opengl" or something.

Disclaimer: I did not look this up before posting, so there's probably nothing like what I'm talking about for Macs.

Thanks for the information ^^

But I posted here because I couldn't find anything anywhere about the subject. The Wiki only said to use the command in the console, and the console told me such command didn't exist. Apparently you need to use the OpenGL version to use the command. (GR_MD2 is the command I was trying to send.) I have no clue how to boot the OSX version of SRB2 in OpenGL mode, I am trying to boot the Modern Sonic model.

Also, the custom buttons don't work for the Modern Sonic WADs. How to fix both issues? Thank you ^^

-MarioMover

Code:
open -a /Applications/Srb2Mac.app --args -opengl

Alam, while we're on the subject, how come the Mac port of SRB2 stopped updating around 2.1.7/8? Is there a problem with the porting, or have you guys just not gotten around to it yet?

Thank you ^^
I'll just have to move the App to my Applications folder and we'll be all set! ^^
But why don't the "CUSTOM" keys in the settings work? I set "CUSTOM 1" to SPACE but nothing happened, same when mapping the other custom keys. Any help?

Are you using any custom characters that use the Custom buttons? They do nothing in vanilla SRB2 because they're meant for modders to utilize if they need more buttons.

Alam, while we're on the subject, how come the Mac port of SRB2 stopped updating around 2.1.7/8? Is there a problem with the porting, or have you guys just not gotten around to it yet?

You can build SRB2 for Mac using CMake in the gitlab repo. It's just not an official package yet because there are problems with netplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back