Mars Sonic

Mars Sonic 1.1 | Now with better controls!

Jammin'

DISAPPEAR!
RingHogger submitted a new resource:

Mars Sonic - Finally, these sprites after 25 years are in use!

Coming straight from the revolutionary 32X addon for the SEGA Genesis,
Mars Sonic!
View attachment 65043
Mediocre Horrible sprites and all!
Now lets get down to what he can do...

Unlike the competition, Mars Sonic charges his double jump a little bit by pressing "spin" while in the air. When you're at the desired charge amount...

Read more about this resource...
Post automatically merged:

dont worry everyone! there'll be a day 1 patch incredibly soon. not really carrying any bugfixes but it will make the code simpler and allow the double jump to be acivated by pressing "jump" after a jump. although huge gameplay changes such as changes to how the double jump charges will not be in this update. maybe a 1.1.0.

Last edited:
i remember seeing there was a sonic running around on some kind of uneven land and tails saying good luck at the hud

needless to say awesome mod imo

btw it would be amazing if you created a tutorial to install the 3d models

Last edited:
btw it would be amazing if you created a tutorial to install the 3d models
assuming you did what i told you to do in the thread, open up srb2 and select "options" then to "video options" or whatever and switch your renderer to opengl. then go to the very bottom and select "opengl options" and you can turn on models from there.

I forgot about Marsbar (this should be his hudname lol). About the Charged D-Jump, I feel you just either give it an overhaul, or replace it entirely. If you choose not to replace it, I feel you should combine Pointy's Momentum Flip, Alt SSN's Jumpburst, and the D-Jump from KRework. If you do want to replace it, think your own ability. You should also change it to a pk3 for better model support, as wads are semi-obsolete. I forgot to say, that his MOMENTUM also feels fucked. It should be natural, and NOT forced (even though Sonic Mars had no momentum whatsoever). If you want an ability for Spin, make your own ORIGINAL ability that you think fits Sonic (or Marsbar). You should also just replace the sprites entirely with more polished ones, and not this... this garbage. Also, I feel the Speedjump is bad and not executed properly. Marsbar would be better off without it. As for the life hud, j-just NO. Just replace it with the one from S2. Please, PLEASE take ALL of this into account, and hopefully, Marsbar won't be trash.

GodDAMN I said "Marsbar" a lot.

I forgot about Marsbar (this should be his hudname lol).
eh why not
About the Charged D-Jump, I feel you just either give it an overhaul, or replace it entirely. If you choose not to replace it, I feel you should combine Pointy's Momentum Flip, Alt SSN's Jumpburst, and the D-Jump from KRework. If you do want to replace it, think your own ability.
i'd probably replace it. i agree it kinda sucks and doesnt fit sonic.
You should also change it to a pk3 for better model support, as wads are semi-obsolete.
what does it being a wad have to do with model support?
I forgot to say, that his MOMENTUM also feels fucked. It should be natural, and NOT forced (even though Sonic Mars had no momentum whatsoever).
i'll probably replace that as well.
If you want an ability for Spin, make your own ORIGINAL ability that you think fits Sonic (or Marsbar).
i have actually been brainstorming a spin ability.
You should also just replace the sprites entirely with more polished ones, and not this... this garbage.
we didnt choose the mars sprite because they looked good, we chose them because they were from sonic mars. and we've been paying a lot of attention to authenticity cosmetically speaking.
Also, I feel the Speedjump is bad and not executed properly. Marsbar would be better off without it.
yeah he probably would
As for the life hud, j-just NO. Just replace it with the one from S2.
i would like you to elaborate on whats bad about it. as i could probably keep it but with some major modifications.
Please, PLEASE take ALL of this into account, and hopefully, Marsbar won't be trash.
i will. thank you for your time.

Ovewhat does it being a wad have to do with model support?

i would like you to elaborate on whats bad about it. as i could probably keep it but with some major modifications.
1. WAD's are a thing of the past that nobody uses anymore. PK3's are just much better file types for SRB2. Also PK3's have easier model support due to the fact that they're basically zip files. And zips allow you to organize better, thus better supports.

2. Well, for one, Sonic looks to shiny, and he doesn't look like he's smiling. Also you put it off center. Overall the lifehud looks janky and unprofessional.

If you look real close, part of Sonic's spines on the left go OUTSIDE the square.
EDIT: it's acutally too big.
oh, its meant to look like that. was trying to do this
Sprite-0001.png
but with a square backround.

if you want to put models you also gonna add a text file to add the models them self
that is the only thing it needs (also what is the scale for hte model? is it 1.0 or above?)

i actually did it

assuming you did what i told you to do in the thread, open up srb2 and select "options" then to "video options" or whatever and switch your renderer to opengl. then go to the very bottom and select "opengl options" and you can turn on models

if you want to put models you also gonna add a text file to add the models them self
that is the only thing it needs (also what is the scale for hte model? is it 1.0 or above?)
1648054795677.png

okay so, i came up with a couple jump ability concepts. and i'll let you guys vote on which one should be chosen.
the
1648056376839.png
icon represents a button press. the number next to it defines what order its pressed in.
mars concept.png

A is a simple thok. but when you press the jump button again after thokking, you'll double jump!
B is basically a drop dash. but if you jump again before you hit the ground, you'll do a jumpthok.
take your votes!

Last edited:
i have an idea for a (horizontal) ability! instead of just a regular spindash maybe you could have it to where you would hold the spindash button and it would increase your acceleration and once it hits the running speed it could steadily go over that speed? of course i have no knowledge of lua or other coding methods but its just a suggestion

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back