Making charicters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgori

I've looked at other topics and I still can't get images from paint on to the editers. how do I do it?
Or at least could I get a link to a better editer than eXtendable Wad Editer (XWE?).

I am able to get my graphics into XWE just fine. Have you tried different file formats? 256-color BMP files seem to work best for me. GIF and PNG are supported, but the colors get messed up, so I'd suggest you don't use those for import (despite how great those formats are).

I think it's best to use GIF for the best quality. I don't know about PNG, never tried it.

All bitmap types are supported by XWE. It makes its best guess as to all inappropriate color, and replaces them with supported palette colors. (Actually, it's pretty damned accurate.)

Now, for PNGs and GIFs to work...
Presuming you haven't altered XWE's color remap settings, just use Image > Perform Color Remap. That will force all image types (that XWE supports, of course), into the palette.

anothe question

thanks alot my charicter is almost done. but now I have another problem.
whenever my charicter falls from a spring the I get kicked out of the game and it brings me to the launcer again. How do I solve this?

Re: anothe question

Morgori said:
thanks alot my charicter is almost done. but now I have another problem.
whenever my charicter falls from a spring the I get kicked out of the game and it brings me to the launcer again. How do I solve this?

Either, your character is missing a few sprites, or there may be a little flaw in it, I'm not sure though.

Is it explained in the character WAD page, or somewhere else? I had a look through and it just seemed like a guide to creating a character. Would it be on a separate article, or didn't I look close enough?

The Wiki deals with every aspect of character wads, including lowercase lump letters, which is your specific issue.

Uhh, check yer OBJCFG. One of the values should match the "skin" value in yer S_SKIN. Like, somethin' around "skinname".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back