Making A Character Wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowKitty11

Not related to the Nyan Cat
I'm making a character wad and it's not going to be released to the public only to my friends and me. I've already got all of the sprites, ideas and all. But I don't know how to make the actual wad. Any help? Sorry if it has been posted before. If it has, please link me to that fourm. And please explain everything to me as basic as possible, like explaining what some words mean and where to find that thing and all that. Thanks, and sorry if it has been posted before. Please don't rage at me.

Start drawing. You've got at least 47 sprites to make. 14 of those only need one angle, but the other 34 should have at least 5 - south, southwest (might be east?), west, northwest and north (the western-facing directions can be flipped in-game for the eastern-facing directions) - so it's really more like 183. You can probably cheap out and reuse some frames for similar animations, but too much of that and it kind of falls apart.

There's a reason character WADs are uncommon.

Last edited:
Start drawing. You've got at least 47 sprites to make. 14 of those only need one angle [...]

Hang on, 14? Usually a character would have only 5 one angle sprites (Dead, 1-up Monitor, Static Monitor, 1-up icon and End sign).

...well, that is, unless you include all those super transformation frames - but rarely does anyone actually bother to create custom sprites for those, so they're usually ommitted from inclusion (after all, they're not even required).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back