Major error. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heroofrock

Back, and 20% better!
I keep getting a SIGSEGV message when I try to start the game. I looked in the error log and the error was EIP=005570f0. Can anyone explain that?

Last edited:
If you haven't added a single WAD, uninstall SRB2 and reinstall it. That does several things. FIRST, it gives you a new srb2.srb, which might have been the problem. SECOND, it basically fixes all the source code that might've given you the SIGSEGV. Finally, new IWAD means fixed levels.

srb2randomnumbers, please stop giving advice when you don't have a clue what you're talking about; it's not helpful. Neither of your suggestions remotely come close to being helpful for his problem.

SIGSEGV on startup is a tad weird, but I've been hearing about it quite a lot. Is it possible that it's a resolution-specific crash?

I do remember seing a note in the video options about possible crashes when using an unsupported resolution. >.>

srb2randomnumbers, please stop giving advice when you don't have a clue what you're talking about; it's not helpful. Neither of your suggestions remotely come close to being helpful for his problem.

SIGSEGV on startup is a tad weird, but I've been hearing about it quite a lot. Is it possible that it's a resolution-specific crash?

I tried a different resolution, but it still gave me the same error.
I am thinking it is the OS I am using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back