Major Character Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daejien

Okay I have fixed every error I can find and when I load the wad... and I try to select the character(I'm using sonic's sprites as a template and I'm trying to get him to be colored silver, not as a Silver the Hedgehog character though) the game crashes

Can someone tell me what's wrong or where I can find a step by step character creation walkthrough.

That's happening to me too. I'm still trying to figure it out, and I'll tell you as soon as I figure it out.
EDIT: I just found out that when you take the Sonic sprites, the sprites are put in twice, and the hurt sprites somehow go from \ to _. Those are 2 reasons.

He dosen't know what causes it. The same thing has been happening with my skyninja.wad. :cry: Sorry for "yelling" at you.

Hmm.. why are you trying to color Sonic silver when the game can do that with a simple command?

He's testing simple modifications to the S_SKIN. I doubt he'll release it.

And Dark Angel. It's easy to figure out what's causing it. What are you doing before you crash, Daejien?

He dosen't use the Wiki, because it's not on the Wiki. The same thing is happening to me, and it's not on the Wiki.

I'll Begin said:
"My car's broken. Fix it!"

Daejien said:
Can someone tell me what's wrong or where I can find a step by step character creation walkthrough.

I don't know how your car works, but most aren't fixed by walking up to the owner and saying "The engine's on fire" or giving the guy a book on car repair.

Daejien said:
and I try to select the character

I would assume, therefore, that the problem happens after he selects the character in single player.

I'm no character wad expert, but here's whatever common problems I can think of:

1. XWE marmalized PLAYa1. This is caused by not using xwe's latest beta, XWE_PURPLE. The link is found in the wiki to the appropriate site, I believe.

2. There's something up with your OBJCTCFG. An error here can ruin a character easily, but I'm none too sure how to fix that

3. Human error. You typed/named/added something wrong. Go through the wad, and compare it to a CUSTOM wad with a S_SKIN and stuff, like Shadow.

I'm no expert, I just lurk a lot.

The problem is that the game thinks S_START is a sprite and it causes the game to crash... please tell me how to remedy this someone. And DW, I use the wiki... the way to remedy it isn't on the wiki, unfortunately.

You do not need a SS_START or a S_START for character wads. Just get rid of that lump and you will be fine.

Sky Ninja said:
He dosen't use the Wiki, because it's not on the Wiki. The same thing is happening to me, and it's not on the Wiki.

And it's not on the Wiki because if you actually followed the Wiki, this wouldn't happen.

You do need a SS_START, or the game will crash as soon as you add the wad, and I followed the Wiki! You always scorn the person who did the stuff right, but that doesn't mean the the other people did it wrong, beacause I did it right and got the same problem.

This problem happened to me, I fixed that problem easily.

When they say this:

No patches found for PLAYA1 Frame,
Look two spaces across from the last e. (that means look two spaces from the e in the word Frame)

They will tell you what sprite you are missing.
If to give proof, look through your wad using XWE.
If you do not see the sprite they are talking about, there are two reasons:

• 1. They are renamed a different lump.
    --or--
    2. You didn't put the required lump/ sprite in the file.

Problems:

1) Overpowered.
2) S_SKIN edit only
3) Bogus color on char select
4) Bad start color.
5) Ugly.

1. The overpowered thing is to test the limits of the game
2. Elaborate please.
3. That might be a problem there
4. I should really change that back
5. It's nothing more than a beta

1) The game limits are well known. No need to test them.
2) S_SKIN is the only change here. Not even an attempt to change the sprites, which alone is bad enough. An S_SKIN change is beyond lazy.
3) No kidding.
4) No, you should scrap this.
5) Please keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back