Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish hook

Can SRB2 run on a Mac?

Yeah, I keep popping back with questions. But I need to know.

I got a new Mac Note Book for xmas with wireless internet and want to play SRB2 from it.

The bad thing is...that the Mac version is designed for PowerPC-based Macs, and if you are using a MacBook, not an iBook, you're either stuck in some jelly, or it'll run painfully slow.

Re-compiling it for Intel Macs is very simple, and you can even use the x86 assembly optimized functions on those.

I have a brandd new Mac Note Book. Its got the beest everything, and has 135GBs of savespace.

Are you sure it will run slowly?

That is unlikely. I have a 400 mhz mac and it's better than my PC which is 2 ghz. How much ram do you have? And how fast is it?

GCFreak said:
The bad thing is...that the Mac version is designed for PowerPC-based Macs, and if you are using a MacBook, not an iBook, you're either stuck in some jelly, or it'll run painfully slow.

Painfully slow? Intel Macs run it a little faster than PowerPC Macs.

The Mac version should run perfectly fine, although, you might find that NiGHTS doesn't work (it works but when you're flying, you stop and can't move), and there are some parts in the bigger levels where it looks like this.

SSNTails said:
Use DarWINE plzkthxbye.
Problem with Darwine.
Q: Is the Darwin/Mac OS X release of Wine currently able to run Windows executable (.exe)?
A: No. We are currently working on integrating an x86 emulator in wine in order to run Win32 exe on a PowerPC Box. But on Darwin-x86 a Win32 .exe should run within wine with a limited effort.

SRB2 is an exe. Along with every other reason I want a windows.

Darwine works okay on an Intel Mac (although SRB2 doesn't run) but on a PPC it can't do anything, as stated above.

Hey. I got a great idea. because Macs are getting more popular, lets delay 1.1 even more so SSNTails can make a working Mac version using the Mac he probably doesn't have.

We need to get all of these Mac users to pitch in some $$$ to buy Alam an Intel Mac so he can do a port.

Funny, I got a laptop for decemberween, but it has windows vista, and i'm slowly bending vista to my will... mwah-hah-hah!

Soopy-Doopy EDIT: I'm on it now!

Ugh, this isnt working!

Each time I try to play it comes up saying it had to be closed.
So I cant play it!

Anyone else know where I can find a version that works with a mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back