Mac Version Crashes Upon Launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish

I downloaded the Mac version of this game. I found the link here on the forums.

I extracted the archive.zip to Library/Frameworks as directed. When I try to launch the game, it shows some text, changes the screen resolution, then crashes.

I have read of other people having this problem on the reviews at MacUpdate. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sorry to double post, but is there a mirror to this download anywhere. I have been downloading for a while now, and it has 4 hours remaining at 3.6 kb/s. I have a broadband connection, so it must be the server.

Thanks again.

No, not that I know of. AlamGBC's server is normal fast. Her brother(Logan_GBA) runs the SRB2 Master Server. So the more people on the Master Server the slower AlamGBC's server is.

SSNTails said:
Use DarWINE plzkthxbye.

When I try and launch it via Darwine, it says "signal_handler(): segment violation" and then it crashes.

And the mac version jrose linked me to still doesn't run :(

Well, I sort of got it to run in Darwine, but it asks for srb2.wad which I cannot find anywhere...

My friend installed it on his Windows PC and it runs fine, and he says there is no srb2.wad file...

vish said:
Well, I sort of got it to run in Darwine, but it asks for srb2.wad which I cannot find anywhere...

My friend installed it on his Windows PC and it runs fine, and he says there is no srb2.wad file...

srb2.srb is the wad file. Just rename it to srb2.wad and see if that works.

Edit: Thanks, but it still doesn't work.

1 warning in the SOC lump
===========================================================================
We hope you enjoy this game as
much as we did making it!
...wait. =P
===========================================================================
I_StartupGraphics...
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress No libGL on this box - disabling OpenGL support !

I'll Begin said:
If all else fails, you COULD try Boot Camp or Paralells if you have an intel mac.
Hehe. To bad that Apple has turned greedy, and made bootcamp expire for everyone who had it. There's another version, but it expires on the 31st, so that's basically pointless.
Plus, I don't want to pay for an emulator.

Chao Freak 1 said:
I'll Begin said:
If all else fails, you COULD try Boot Camp or Paralells if you have an intel mac.
Hehe. To bad that Apple has turned greedy, and made bootcamp expire for everyone who had it. There's another version, but it expires on the 31st, so that's basically pointless.
Plus, I don't want to pay for an emulator.

It doesn't expire if you upgrade to Leopard though, but yeah.

Anyways, I'm downloading a trial of a program called Crossover (basically a better port of Wine) and I'll let you guys know if it works.

Well it runs in Crossover but it doesn't like my keyboard and it keeps automatically pushing up so it's almost impossible to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back