M.U.G.E.N help

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeldagamer00 said:
time gear said:
well i have vista, which is a lot better than before. but it might be the reason i cant hear the music?
MUGEN works fine on vista, try running MUGEN in compatibly mode
what? i dont know what to mean. whats compatibly mode?

time gear said:
zeldagamer00 said:
time gear said:
well i have vista, which is a lot better than before. but it might be the reason i cant hear the music?
MUGEN works fine on vista, try running MUGEN in compatibly mode
what? i dont know what to mean. whats compatibly mode?
Wikipedia said:
A compatibility mode is a software mechanism in which a computer's operating system emulates an older processor, operating system, and/or hardware platform in order to allow obsolete software to remain compatible with the computer's newer hardware or software.

This differs from a full-fledged emulator in that an emulator typically creates a virtual hardware architecture on the host system, rather than simply translating the older system's function calls into calls that the host system can understand.

Examples include Classic Mode in Mac OS X and Windows XP's compatibility mode, which both allow applications designed for older versions of the operating system to run.
Anyway, to use compatibility mode in vista:
Right click the MUGEN exe and select properties, when the properties window comes up click the tab at the top that says "Compatibility"
Then
compatablitiy.gif

After that close the window and you're good to go

ok, i tried the compatability mode (or whatever its called) but i still cant hear the music, its even got to the point where i listen to windows media player while playing mugen. but lets drop the music problem, how do i change the title screen and stuff? and what kind of file do i need? with that i can ignore the music problem and think of it being more like a real game. (it feals like im playing a demo with the defult title screen and stuff) check list: chars check, levels check, music not check, title screen not check. EDIT: i got an idea! could it have somthing to do with the levels .def file? if that where the case, then i would know why i couldn't hear the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back