Looking to collab with a spriter - will help with your mod if you help with mine!

PikaJade

I'm looking for someone to help me make sprites for a character I've already done the scripting for. In return, I'm willing to help you if there's a character you want to make, but lack the Lua skills to pull off (or if you just want to divvy up the workload on it a little).

Infinite, using placeholder sprites, crossing the signpost in Greenflower Zone Act 1. As he crosses the finish line, he switches to a victory pose.

Infinite hovering over the pond towards the end of Greenflower Zone Act 1. He steers left a little to avoid hitting a tree.
Infinite firing out waves of cubes that travel along the ground towards nearby enemies, destroying them on contact. They are capable of moving up and down slopes, as well as breaking bustable floors.
Infinite, using his hover ability from before, showcases his homing teleport attack by clearing out a cluster of Crawlas.

I've been working on this character mod, but I've been putting off making the sprites for a while. I decided to try and grit my teeth and push through, got about 3/4 of the way through making the STNDA1, and realized that I was way in over my head. Then I tried "getting a little Donkey Kong Country with it" with the character's official model, to...

A T-posing 3D render of Infinite at the start of Greenflower Zone Act 1. The effect is somewhat poor-looking.

...interesting results, shall we say? So that's not really a great option, either.

All of that said, I've spent a lot of time on the scripting that I'd hate to see go to waste, and I really want to see this character come to fruition. I know posts like this are probably a dime a dozen, but I figured I may as well shoot my shot.

I'd like to collaborate with someone with the pixel art skills to pull this off in order to help make this character an actual character, rather than some shapeshifting recolor abomination that occasionally spouts edgy one-liners.

I fully admit that the Lua is the easy part here - pixel art, especially high quality stuff, takes time, skill, and a whole lot of effort. If it didn't, I'd just be doing it myself. I'm aware that splitting the credit on some random guy's personal passion project to put a very widely disliked character into the game would be more than a bit of a rip. So I'd like to offer a little something in return.

If you're a spriter, and you've got a character that you want to make a mod for, but don't have the coding and/or design chops to pull it all together, I'd be willing to scratch your back if you'll scratch mine. I'd be willing to collab with you on a character mod of your choice. I'm fairly good with Lua scripting, and I've got some experience in game design to help design a moveset if you need me to.

On top of the standard sprites, I need a melee animation, a firing animation, a floating animation, and a non-looping victory animation.

I'd rather not post the actual pk3 for the character here for privacy reasons. If we end up collabing, I can share it with you if you need. Pretty much all of the mod's features are depicted in the above GIFs, other than a gratuitous amount of voice clips.

I also intend to make a trailer for this character to potentially show him off in the next SRB2 mod direct. I may ask you to grab footage for it if you've got a computer that's good enough to record SRB2 footage at a reasonable framerate (unlike mine), but other than that, I intend to handle it myself. I have no major experience in this, just two open source video editing programs and a dream. I'd be willing to do the same for your character, if you want.

It's been a couple weeks, but I figured I may as well try bumping it just to be safe, since I didn't get any replies.

I've tweaked the model to look a bit better when downscaled, and intend to look further into it to potentially make it line up a bit better with the SRB2 style, at least to acceptable degrees. That said, it still isn't ideal, and it's also on a semi-hiatus currently due to a bug with the model that I'm struggling to get help with. As such, I'd still really appreciate it if someone were to take me up on this offer!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back