Looking for someone to give the final push for Honey

light dasher

Cacee gaming
Hello all, me and some friends have been working on making a Honey character for the last few months, she's very close to completion, she was designed to be a Battlemod first character, Vanilla second, so she's designed around the mechanics of those specific game modes.

I kind of went with this to give the player the sense that they're playing a game within a game, think of like playing as Samus going through Mario 1 should someone decide to play her through vanilla SRB2.

At the moment we're kind of at an impass, my hard working coder is unable to code the last 3 moves for her, 1 works for vanilla and the other 2 are the Battlemod moves themselves. There was a temptation to release Honey without battlemod support first, but it feels exceedingly strange to release a battlemod-first character without battlemod support

These are the last 3 moves that she needs
Fr5EL7B.png

and to prove that this is something that's near completion here are a few clips and images, (and if you've hung around the SRB2 discord you'll have had seen some progress before)
7l17OCz.gif

vjbdEGZ.gif

FqjeeMN.gif

GkcQJXV.gif

zXTki4Hh.gif

(Please don't try to squeeze your way in just to "beta-test" Honey, she get's enough beta testing as is)

Last edited:
I'm probably a less experienced scripter than whoever you already have, but I could take a look at the code if you'd like and see if I can help.

My resume as an SRB2 scripter includes:

- I'm the scripter behind the Bunnie Rabbot's abilities.
- I created the AngleIdle, AngleEdge, and AngleAbility updates for Krabs's Anglestand mod.
- I've created prototypes for a new Rouge moveset and for a mod that creates additional functional bots.

I'm probably a less experienced scripter than whoever you already have, but I could take a look at the code if you'd like and see if I can help.

My resume as an SRB2 scripter includes:

- I'm the scripter behind the Bunnie Rabbot's abilities.
- I created the AngleIdle, AngleEdge, and AngleAbility updates for Krabs's Anglestand mod.
- I've created prototypes for a new Rouge moveset and for a mod that creates additional functional bots.

Hrm, what I have in mind is manipulating other players and enemies positions and states, is that something you think you can do?

Yes. State manipulation is something I have performed in nearly every mod I've touched.

I can manipulate positions as well, though I have less experience doing so. Most of my modding manipulated momentum instead.

Only briefly. When I considered the possibility of adding Battlemod support for Bunnie Rabbot in her most recent update, I read the documentation for adding Battlemod support, got started on the necessary code, and played a couple rounds. I have no other Battlemod experience, unfortunately.

Hmm I looked at the gifs and stuff and I like the character but I feel like there should be a reference too her Archie Sonic design where she has a pair of wings (I don't know if they're real or fake but back to the point) so maybe make her more floaty in the air, like give her something similar to princess peaches up special from her smash Bros moveset but make it a constant natural effect.
But hey that's my suggestion so you don't need to put it in but what you do need to know is that I love the characters abilities already and I kinda miss honey the cat's popularity so I think that if she gets into the SRB2 message board's submissions then she'll be known again so I hope you can finish the mod and I wish you the best of luck.

Edit-whoops I didn't see her wings in her design until I took a closer look but I feel like something should be done with those wings so I'm not going to change this entire post but yeah good job on them sprites because they look really good.

Last edited:
Only briefly. When I considered the possibility of adding Battlemod support for Bunnie Rabbot in her most recent update, I read the documentation for adding Battlemod support, got started on the necessary code, and played a couple rounds. I have no other Battlemod experience, unfortunately.

Would it be too much of me to ask for an example lua or something? Something similar to what I have in mind, like being able to pick up and move an enemy without killing it, kind of like Milne's ability.

Edit-whoops I didn't see her wings in her design until I took a closer look but I feel like something should be done with those wings so I'm not going to change this entire post but yeah good job on them sprites because they look really good.

rY2tA21.gif

Last edited:
I'll get right on it.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Do any of the counters need to be facing the opponent?

They would all require Honey to make contact with whomever she is countering.

If you're asking "can honey suplex someone behind her if they walk into her back" then no, I believe in the case of the suplex and footstool she would ideally have a hitbox in front of her.

With the grounded re-direct counter, if they made contact with her, she'd turn to face them.

I think this would be real easy to make, I don't have a good idea on how to code this, but I can explain it. Well, at least what I can imagine based off the images.

Probably change her CA_ABILITY to CA_AIRDRILL, and then make her do a little airdrill hop, when she is behind the enemy and hasnt done the command to do it, then just reset her CA_ABILITY

Here's a quick update on my progress with the sample code.

I have created a function for initiating a footstool and a function for ending a footstool, along with a few hooks that allow me to test these functions. They are still quite buggy, but they grab an enemy, prevent the enemy from moving, set the initiator into a custom state for a moment, then launch the initiator upwards in the spring state and the target downwards (relative to the direction of gravity). they play the jump sound effect for the initiator after launching it. When the target hits the ground, it receives damage. Theoretically, these functions should also work against players, but I haven't gotten that far in the testing yet. They should also work against bosses, inflicting damage without launching them, but again, I haven't tested it yet. I'm still trying to polish the basic footstooling functions' use against enemies.

Once I've finished testing and polishing these functions, I'll move on to creating a proper hitbox, then I'll integrate the footstool into Battlemod as a custom character's Battlemod ability. At that point, I'll send you the sample code.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

I'm done for tonight though. I'll continue to work on it tomorrow.

I have created a function for initiating a footstool and a function for ending a footstool, along with a few hooks that allow me to test these functions. They are still quite buggy, but they grab an enemy, prevent the enemy from moving, set the initiator into a custom state for a moment, then launch the initiator upwards in the spring state and the target downwards (relative to the direction of gravity). they play the jump sound effect for the initiator after launching it. When the target hits the ground, it receives damage. Theoretically, these functions should also work against players, but I haven't gotten that far in the testing yet. They should also work against bosses, inflicting damage without launching them, but again, I haven't tested it yet. I'm still trying to polish the basic footstooling functions' use against enemies.

Once I've finished testing and polishing these functions, I'll move on to creating a proper hitbox, then I'll integrate the footstool into Battlemod as a custom character's Battlemod ability. At that point, I'll send you the sample code.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

I'm done for tonight though. I'll continue to work on it tomorrow.

Sounds like you've done some good work, do you have a discord per chance?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back