Looking for lost SRB2 MODS

kctobor

Hey fellow SRB2 enthusiasts!

I hope this post finds you all in good spirits. Today, I wanted to discuss a series of lost SRB2 mods that hold a special place in our hearts: the Eggmanway series. Back in the golden days of SRB2 version 1.09.4, a plethora of amazing mods were created, including iconic ones like SRB2JTE and Mystic Realm. However, today, I want to focus on the elusive Eggmanway series, which unfortunately only has one remaining mod, Eggmanway5.

For those who may not be familiar with the story of Eggmanway5, let me provide a brief overview. Set several years after the events of Sonic Adventure 2, Eggmanway5 is the fifth installment in the Eggmanway series. Its predecessors, Eggmanway 1-4 and 6, have been lost to time. If anyone has any information about these missing mods or knows where they can be found, please do share!

In Eggmanway5, an intriguing narrative unfolds. Shadow the Hedgehog has taken charge, establishing two bases in the Mystic Ruins, also known as Angel's Crevice. He leads an elite group of soldiers called Team Shadow. Notably, clones of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Espio, Vector, and Amy now inhabit the world, while humans have joined forces with anthropomorphic creatures to achieve a shared goal of world peace. The Ark, previously under G.U.N.'s control, is now in the hands of Sonic Corp and permanently deactivated.

Maria's death has effected Shadow, which has made him become colder but still cares for his comrades and the general populace. Alongside him, we encounter intriguing characters like Brad, a rejected Cyborg Echidna created by Eggman from the future, and Shade, the enigmatic guardian of darkness with fragmented memories of past events. Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails have established SonicCorp., the planet's dominant industry, but their power and influence have begun to corrupt them over time. Knuckles leads smaller companies and remains understanding, while Vector and Espio lend their aid, albeit unofficially, to Team Shadow.

Around two and a half years ago, during Eggmanway4, Tails managed to replicate Metal Sonic's design, producing a substantial number of modified Metal Sonic units to combat Eggman's clone army. Initially, the Metal Sonics appeared to grant a significant advantage, but tragedy struck as they rebelled, plunging the world into chaos. Countless lives were lost before the Metal reactors powering the clones were disabled, seemingly eradicating the menace... or so we thought.

Our heroes find themselves in the Mystic Ruins as the central hub. They traverse through various zones, starting with Dark Plains, a nocturnal grassy landscape where they witness Eggman unleashing deadly lasers. Next, they venture into Pyramid Cave, where Eggman utilizes a treacherous goo machine. However, everything takes a grim turn in Eggman's Lab, where our heroes discover the lifeless body of the doctor. The perpetrator? The resurrected Metal Sonics, whose unexpected return leads to widespread havoc.

Fleeing back to the Mystic Ruins, our heroes face a relentless onslaught from the Metal Sonics. Eventually, they manage to vanquish the clones, but the victory comes at a great cost. The fallen clones are mourned in a solemn funeral ceremony. However, the danger is far from over. Our heroes embark on a journey to the Metal Reactors, where they confront the formidable Metal Overlord and strive to save the world from impending doom. Finally, they return to the Mystic Ruins, their epic adventure concluded, and rest.

It is truly unfortunate that the other installments of the Eggmanway series remain lost to us. Eggmanway5 was a phenomenal mod, and it only increases our longing to experience the entirety of this remarkable saga. If anyone has any leads or information regarding Eggmanway 1-4 and 6, I implore you to share them with us. Let's join forces and make it our mission to recover these lost treasures, so that we can relive the excitement and delight of the complete Eggmanway journey.

Thank you for your time and attention. I eagerly await your responses and any insights you might have!

Last edited:
Good news, eggmanway6 was found! The OG author gave it to me. Talked to him however EMW 1-4 was not on his hard drive, so for now, EMW 1-4 is lost media.

Far as I'm aware, that stuff was lost to time, really None of the EMWs were really that good, and just had a lot of compounded mistakes. Characters like Brad were terrible, and really lacked any solid way to tell a proper story with em.

Far as I'm aware, that stuff was lost to time, really None of the EMWs were really that good, and just had a lot of compounded mistakes. Characters like Brad were terrible, and really lacked any solid way to tell a proper story with em.
I understand a lot of the controversy with the EMW's, but I still am looking for EMW 1-4.

Eggmanway 7 exists by the way. It is available in one of the 2.1 OLDCs. It is by Toaster and Zipper, so it may be unofficial.

The story is that Metal Sonic has dismembered the last human in ERZ3. Sonic grieves the loss of a species. Metal Sonic is going to the Chaos Dimension, but due to how sad Sonic is he goes to race Metal.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back