Looking for help with using character wads in netgames

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

whenever i load a game with wads like where i play single player mode with them it always gives me an error message that says you have edited srb2 in some way please restart the game before joining a netgame

is there no way to use custom characters online or am i doing something wrong

it lets me host a game but i never have anyone join no matter how long i wait

You host your own server if you want to use your own custom characters online. When you join a server online, it will either download wads that you don't have so you can join it or tell you what wad files you need to search for in order to join it.

Also, your grammar is horrible. Use proper punctuation please. Run-on sentences suck.

Your third issue would have to do with either a firewall on your PC or your router not forwarding the ports. Here is a link to that:

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/SRB2/SRB2index.htm

Next time, please search for this information yourself before asking this type of question. It has already been answered multiple times before on here.

Sonict said:
You host your own server if you want to use your own custom characters online. When you join a server online, it will either download wads that you don't have so you can join it or tell you what wad files you need to search for in order to join it.

Also, your grammar is horrible. Use proper punctuation please. Run-on sentences suck.

yeah ive been trying to host my own and it works but no one ever joins. It never tells me anything about wads it just says ive edited the game somehow and i need to reset the game, thats what happens when i try to click search for game or join specific ip.

sorry about my grammar.

I updated my post.

For your issue. Don't load any wads at all if you are going to join a netgame. Just load SRB2 up normally without any wads other than the standard ones that come with the game. Also, I still see run-on sentences.

Don't make me have to ban you to get you to shape up. I'd rather not have to do it at all. I am trying to cut you some slack to help you.

I have a problem that is somewhat similar. What I don't understand is: Ok I have the wads required to joing this netgame, but every time I try to join it still says "This game has ___.wads loaded. You better get them from somewhere or else you can't join" How do I play on these servers? I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem but when I first tried to join a server and it started to download the files it created a subfolder in my srb2 folder called DOWNLOADS with the files I had attempted to download off of the server that I had attempted to join. Am I supposed to put my wads into that subfolder so that the game can tell that I already have these and it just lets me into the server?

flashrogers said:
I have a problem that is somewhat similar. What I don't understand is: Ok I have the wads required to joing this netgame, but every time I try to join it still says "This game has ___.wads loaded. You better get them from somewhere or else you can't join" How do I play on these servers? I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem but when I first tried to join a server and it started to download the files it created a subfolder in my srb2 folder called DOWNLOADS with the files I had attempted to download off of the server that I had attempted to join. Am I supposed to put my wads into that subfolder so that the game can tell that I already have these and it just lets me into the server?

Do you have all the wads listed? [spoiler:894b29efbd]Server's wads
  • sms,sonicoverdrive,kirby,kirbyrider,zonic
Your list
  • sms, sonicoverdrive,kirby,zonic
click this if the answer is yes. [spoiler:894b29efbd]Then you have the wrong version of a wad. E.g:You have a old Shadow.wad. The server added the new Shadow.wad. The old one thoks, but the new one glides.E.g ends;
It won't let you on that server unless you have the exact wad.(the one that glides.) This prevents someone hacking the wad to give it unfair abilities.(like bomb thok.) [/spoiler:894b29efbd] This for no. [spoiler:894b29efbd]It won't go. You need all the wads or download(if maxsend is high) off the server.[/spoiler:894b29efbd]
[/spoiler:894b29efbd]

I hope this small troubleshooter helps you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back