Look here if you got signal_hander(): segment violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgo

Man a lot of people are having trouble with this one.
If signal_hander(): segment violation is all you get for an error, we can't help you unless we have a wad. The reason we can't help is that there are unlimited possibilities that could cause the error.

EDIT: A common character wad problem is when you don't use lower case letters for some of the frames. The XWE beta has an option to turn off automatic captial letters.

Torgo said:
Man a lot of people are having trouble with this one.
If signal_hander(): segment violation is all you get for an error, we can't help you unless we have a wad. The reason we can't help is that there are unlimited possibilities that could cause the error.

Actually, with the segment violation, Srb2 makes an errorlog (errorlog.txt)

look for An EIP report for that version (the newer reports are at the bottom)

Copy it and paste the EIP in the 1.09.4 bug reports topic

Yes, but sometimes the error can happen because of poorly designing the map or assigning the wrong values to a character wad, so it wouldn't be a bug in srb2.

Thats true also... but It helps if you give out the EIP in the Topic.... SSN will know what caused the problem and he will fix it in the next Srb2 EXE (which is 1.1)

...Flame, what he's saying is that it is not an SRB2 bug, it is a bug with the map. No matter how much coding SSN does, he can't fix a problem caused by a complete lack of understanding of wadding.

well, what does it mean if you load no extra wads and you still get the error, loading the main files in the installer and nothing extra?

Try reseting the computer. If that doesn't work something probably corrupted one of the files. If so you should try to reinstall srb2. I think you should copy the error report to the bug topic, but it sounds like something changed it.

Torgo said:
Try reseting the computer. If that doesn't work something probably corrupted one of the files. If so you should try to reinstall srb2. I think you should copy the error report to the bug topic, but it sounds like something changed it.

How can restarting your computer help?

I DID reinstall it, but the error pops up right after I double click the EXE.
another ver. of 1.09 did the same thing, but 1.08 worked.

by the way, I use windows xp pro x64 edition

I had something wrong with the monitor when I started up srb2 and got the error, and restarting it fixed it. (At least I think it fixed it, it was an older version so I don't remember it well.)

EDIT: I think you should ask about it in the bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back